Chapter 24

•••

•••

Today, the students of Class 2-5 received the result of their exams. Miyoung was pleased to see how well she did. She ranked third and had the highest grade in literature. But we couldn't say the same for Jukyung. She was demoralized to see that she didn't have the average for literature. And Seojun making fun of her wasn't helping at all.

"Miyoung-ah!" Sihyun shouted as she stormed into the classroom, during the break.

Miyoung, and the rest of the class, turned toward her, surprised. When Sihyun reached Miyoung, she pointed toward the door as Sua bolted up from her chair.

"Hyunjin!" Sua exclaimed.

Miyoung turned around and was taken aback to see Hyunjin entering the classroom and making his way toward her. The doors and windows were crowded with other students of different grades. Miyoung escaped her trance when the baseball player stopped in front of her.

"What are you doing here?" Miyoung asked, surprised.

"I came to see you," he smiled. As soon as he said that, people started whispering and giggling and whispering. Behind Miyoung, Seojun sat up properly, looking unpleased at the scene.

Hyunjin then handed Miyoung a baseball ball.

"Take this," he said. Miyoung glanced back and forth between the small ball and Hyunjin. "I think I have a jinx. I can't play without this ball,"

"Then why are giving this to me," Miyoung confusedly said as she slightly pushed his hands toward him. But Hyunjin took her hand in her and place the ball in her palm.

"So I can ask you to come to the final match," he smiled. Again, whispered erupted in the classroom. "If I win, I want to ask you something,"

"Can't you just say it here?" Miyoung asked.

"No way. I can't ask you out here," he exclaimed.

This time, it wasn't just whispers that erupted in the class as Miyoung looked at Hyunjin, at a loss of words. She would never get used to how easily he can confess his feelings.

"Gim Miyoung, you are awfully popular," she heard. Miyoung looked up to see Seojun, hands shoved into his pockets. He then looked straight at Hyunjin's eyes. "Up until pretty recently, people thought she was dating me,"

Miyoung widened her eyes hearing him. Why was he acting like that?

"You can't move on so quickly," he continued, still staring at Hyunjin. "You have no respect for your ex,"

"What are you sayin-" Miyoung didn't have the time to end her sentence that a teacher entered the room.

"What are you guys doing? You little punks," he scolded. "Who are you?" he pointed at Hyunjin. The latter then leaned to be at Miyoung's level.