Chapter 44

•••

Miyoung searched the entire school again as soon as the school day ended. She was currently at the gymnasium again, looking meticulously a the floor with the lamp of her phone for her precious necklace. She was grateful to Sua and Jukyung for their help but she told them to come back home. She didn't want to keep them at school. They must have other things to do.

"As if it would still be there," she heard. Miyoung didn't have to look up to know it was Seojun. "Someone probably took it,"

"You're not helping," Miyoung said as she keeps looking for her necklace. "And it wasn't at the Lost and Found. And I trust students here,"

"Too much trust then. I'm just being realistic. You already search the whole school," he pointed out.

"Then I'll search again," she stubbornly said.

"Want some help finding it?" Seojun asked. Miyoung finally looked up at him. "What will I get in return?"

"Whatever you want! Money or a deal with a brand or a new helmet- no not that,"

"A meal will do," Seojun said.

That was how Seojun ended up looking for Miyoung's necklace with her. But The Gim girl was doubting his seriousness. He kept pulling prank saying he found it but then showed an empty palm. He even pretended to find it then showed a whistle.

"I don't appreciate the teasing," Miyoung whined. "Suho gave it to me so I must find it,"

Seojun sighed.

"I'm leaving," he said.

"Already? I thought you were helping me," Miyound said quite disappointed.

"I'm a busy man," he said. "Must you look for this when it's cold? Is Suho upset because you lost it?"

"No, but it is precious to me," Miyoung said.

"Then you should have taken a better care of it,"

"I know that. I hate myself for losing it," Miyoung sighed, saddened. "I'll spend the night here if needed," Miyoung said, determined.

Seojun sighed again and shoved the whistle into Miyoung's coat pocket.

"Have fun searching then. Bye," he said as he headed for the door.

"Come back home safe," Miyoung said as she took out the whistle from her pocket. She looked at it, then at the door where Seojun left.

Miyoung was now looking under a bench in the corridor. The sun set and the moon took its place. The sky was dark by now but Miyoung didn't plan to go home until her necklace was back around her neck.

Miyoung sat on the bench and slumped, heavily sighing. She was so angry at herself for losing the necklace to the point she was on the verge of crying of anger. She closed her eyes and sighed again. She was tired but wouldn't give up.

"Gim Miyoung,"

The model gasped, surprised, and opened her eyes as she reached for her heart. She looked up to meet Suho.

"I know you would still be there," He said as he crouched down in front of her.

"I couldn't give up," Miyoung said.

"Don't you know what's time is it?" Suho asked.

"I don't care, I sleep here if I must," Miyoung said stubbornly.

"Yah, don't neglect your health," Suho scolded.

"But I want to find it back," Miyoung whined.

"We'll search together here and come back home, okay?" Suho said as took Miyoung's chin between his fingers and made her look at him. Miyoung didn't answer. "Okay?"