"If you are not telling the truth, I will go back." Yunlan hated this feeling. Being haunted by doubt and lies. Remembering the face of this man the moment he looked at him made him ignite with a burning curiosity. He could never forget his face nor his expression of stunned surprise. How could he? Every time he closed his eyes and decided to sleep, all he saw was the deep brown eyes of this man buried in sorrow.

"If you are doubting your identity then please come in, I will tell you everything regardless of the so many attempts to stop me" Han Chen's father said in a mournful tone before he walked inside allowing Zhao Yunlan to follow him. He settled at the table with a drink in hand. Then he turned his attention to the grown up son he once lost afraid to bring the past now and spill the hidden truth. 

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

"Any girl who is lucky enough to marry that Zhao Yunlan in the future would be very blessed indeed! Do you think I stand a chance father?" Zhu Hong said louder trying to avert her father's attention who was reading some file and not focused on what she said. In anger Hong devoured the Apple in her hand and sulked huffing loud before Xin Ci looked at her beautiful face and smiled.

"Do you like him?" He asked a bit concerned of her answer. Her honest reaction even was faster to send him a quick response. Seeing her blush and titled her head sheepishly made Xin Ci uncomfortable. He had completely forgotten that she used to have feelings for Yezun and Wei before. Her primary concern was to get into the Shen family, he wasn't sure what's the reason behind her so many attempts.

"Darling, that man is not good for you, his personality doesn't match with yours" Arguing with his daughter before getting a phone call from Yezun. The phone rang several times, but Xin Ci decided to ignore it intentionally. In the meanwhile, in his apartment Yezun was cursing, he knew that Xin Ci was avoiding him for what he did last time when having sex with him. Yezun stood in front of the window of his living room. He frowned as he looked at the phone in his hand.

"I have called numerous times, why is he not answering? What is this man doing? Is he still seeing Lan Yi. Shit, where could he go? Maybe he is with that heartless woman called Stepmom?" As Yezun tried rationalizing Xin Ci's lack of response to his calls, the direction of his thoughts concerned him. He was going nuts calling non stop.

"What is it?" Hong answered her phone while bewildered. Realizing how risky the situation was thinking Xin Ci was having a date with his girlfriend, Yezun immediately hurried out of his apartment and dialed Hong's number.  

"Is your dad there?" He asked while in a hurry.

"Yes, have you seen the time now? Is it urgent?" Zhu Hong had a sense of foreboding. Just as her father gave her that creepy look after he put his phone on a silent mode. He kind of blamed her for taking the call. Yezun called persistently, so she didn't seem to reject him like he just did.

"Put him on the phone, hurry!" He was still doubting the whole thing, his excessive jealousy and unreasonable brain couldn't trust even himself on such a matter. Hearing the other man talk to him on the phone, Yezun immediately gave up the thought and calmed down. However, his curiosity about Xin Ci ignoring him and his calls was still throbbing for answers.

"I am coming to your house, you'd better see me if you don't want Hong knowing about us" Frustrated, Xin Ci tried to hide that from his daughter. He contained his anger while listening to the threatening voice of Yezun in the other side of the line. Xin Ci got up roughly and grabbed his jacket. He left while holding Hong's phone in hand without noticing. But that wasn't the issue. The bigger issue was that her phone had an automatic recorder.