Chapter 17

***EPILOGUE***

Eight years later

"Mommy look! There's another small gift on the corner!" the little five-year-old girl squealed. 

Louis and Eleanor, very surprisingly were blessed with a beautiful daughter three years into dating. They had already moved in together but a baby was something completely unexpected. But still, they made it. It was also a little easier in the start as at that time One Direction's hiatus had just started. In that while they also made it through a lot of ups and downs. But nothing was strong enough to break them.

"What gift Jamie?" Eleanor asked as she reached for it. She was confused as she had arranged every Christmas gift under the tree with Louis. 

Jamie showed her dad a thumbs up from behind her dad. Eleanor picked up the wrapped up box and tore it open when she saw it read 'to Eleanor'. Her heart jumped when she saw that it was a red velvet ring-box. She hastily opened the box. To her disappointment, there was just a scroll inside it, rolled up.

Dear El,

I have loved you, I have loved you all along. So now, finally on my knees, I am asking for a chance, for a very special first dance. Eleanor Jane Calder, will you marry me?

Eleanor read that and broke into tears. She flipped her head around and found Louis down on one knee, a ring in his hands, with a very excited Jamie by his side.

"Elly-jelly," he said and received a chuckle from her, "will you marry me?"

"Please Mommy!" Jamie joined in.

"Oh my God! Yes! Of course I'll marry you!" 

Louis sighed in relief as he placed the ring on her finger. He got up and she leapt into him to kiss him. Louis broke off the kiss as he felt a tug on his pajamas. He smiled down at his daughter and picked her up.

"I also had a surprise gift for you," she whispered in his other ear, leaving him with confusion.

"Okay princess," he put his daughter down, "go to your room and get ready to go to Grandpa Mark's."

The little girl nodded and rushed to her room, jumping in delight.

Eleanor pulled Louis into their room and closed the door, slightly. Louis stood in the middle of the room as she went into the closet. She came back with a thin wrapped item in her hands.

"Hiding this for the past two days was hard," she handed it to Louis.

Louis confusedly opened up the wrapper and held the gift in surprise.

"El, oh my God!" he exclaimed in surprise. She went up close to him and hugged him tight.

"Yes Lou, you're gonna be a dad again," she whispered.

"This is the best Christmas ever!" he wrapped his arms round her and nestled his head down on her shoulder. "I love you so much babe!"

"I love you too!"

THE END