Chapter 7

The next night, Eleanor did the same thing again. She wanted to know if Louis was going to do it every night or not. Well, he did. He didn't come out to check and then run back- he just came with the comforter and put it on her. She smiled under the comforter but he didn't see.

Louis was getting slightly suspicious though. He often thought why she never asked him about the surprise comforter on her body every morning. Harry had told him that he had instilled the thought that Louis puts it on her. At that moment, Louis just glared at Harry but now, he's confused. A little 'thank you' shouldn't hurt- he thought.

That night Eleanor was drinking her tea before going to bed when Zayn took a seat next to her. She smiled at him and continued drinking.

"So El, have you changed your mind about Louis?" he asked. Louis was just entering his room when he heard that. He stopped and started eavesdropping. 

"I.. what?" Eleanor asked, playing the fool.

"C'mon, you know what I mean. You are sleeping on the bloody couch and I know why," Zayn said, firmly and Eleanor choked on her sip.

"You... you know?" she asked, still unsure.

"Yes, that he kissed you after the ink prank and you pushed him away. That's why you're here right?"

"It's not that," she whispered, looking down at her mug.

"Then what is it? You can tell me," Zayn tried to reassure.

"No, you're his best friend," she shook her head.

"Exactly! No one knows him better than me and I can tell that he feels guilty that he made you uncomfortable!" Louis heard that and he cursed Zayn mentally. He told Zayn all about it, hoping he wouldn't tell her but he did.

"I know," Eleanor spoke softly and both the boys' eyes widened.

How?- Louis thought.

"How?!" Zayn asked.

"Well, when Harry told me that it was probably Louis who put the comforter on me, I wanted to check. So, the next two days, I was actually awake when he came. He talked to me, thinking I was asleep. He said really sweet stuff."

Zayn blinked at her rapidly in surprise and gasped, "well played, Els."

Eleanor smiled, she didn't know what to say and neither did Zayn. After a momentary silence, they both started laughing. They didn't even know for sure. Zayn's laugh slowly started to fade as he looked at her, trying to be serious.

"So now that you know, please tryna see him like I told you before?" he requested and she nodded with a reassuring smile. "Just don't tell him okay?" she asked and he returned her energy with the nod and smile. Zayn went back to his and Liam's room. 

Louis rushed into his. He breathed in and out multiple times. She thought he was sweet, that made him grin big. And at that moment Louis knew what to do that night.

Eleanor lay down and started pretending to be asleep. Louis as usual, came with the comforter. He smiled looking at her, knowing she was actually awake. He made her comfortable under the comforter and did his usual removal of hair from her face. 

He smirked a little, he whispered getting close to her ear, "oh Eleanor, you're so gorgeous." 

Eleanor felt chills run down her spine. She could feel a lump in her throat and weird sort of electricity. She really wanted to know what he was going to do. She just wanted him to... but why? 

Louis leaned in front of her. Eleanor could feel his warm breath on her face. She panicked at the thought of how close he was. Louis placed a hand behind her neck and whispered, "I wish I could kiss you."