Chapter 9

The concert was absolutely amazing! Eleanor was there of course, enjoying the show, getting all goofy with Lux and singing along the songs. She felt like there were times when Louis gave her slight looks while singing and even pointed once or twice. But she thought it was nothing, much to Ashley and Lou's disagreement.

After the show, the boys ran in and where congratulated by everybody. Louis tried to make his way through the swarm of people to Eleanor. She was standing a little at the back with Ashley, smiling widely as the show was a success. Louis finally made it towards them and pulled Ashley into a hug first.

"It was an amazing show!" Ashley complimented. 

"Thanks and I think somebody was asking for you," Louis smirked making her blush.

"What are you talking about?" she tried to act dumb.

"You know where to find him, go! " he encouraged and she awkwardly walked towards Niall. 

"What's exactly going on between those two?" Eleanor asked, pointing at Niall and Ashley, who were hugging and whispering to each other, not letting go of the hug.

"I don't know, something will start soon," Louis overruled the topic and slightly turned Eleanor to face him by holding her wrists. 

"What?" she asked.

"If you haven't noticed, I couldn't help but look at you while singing," he smiled and she slightly blushed.

"I thought it was just a coincidence," she smiled at her feet, not looking him in the eye.

"No, it wasn't. I really like you, Eleanor." He held her chin and pulled it up. Their eyes met and Louis' cheeks were bright scarlet. 

"Well, you haven't been oblivious about it," she teased.

"I know, and I would be grateful if you actually gave me a proper chance," he looked at her sincerely. 

"So, will you go out with me?" he finally dropped the question and Eleanor felt a heaviness in her throat. She wanted this day to come but didn't know it'd be so soon. She didn't regret it though but she got nervous.

"Umm El?" Louis looked worried now, he was sweating and fidgeting with his hair.

"Yeah, I mean, yes, I'd love to!" she answered and Louis gave a huge sigh of relief. He put his hands on her waist and pulled her close, "thank you, so much."

"For what?" she asked as she hung her hands on his shoulders. "I would have been really bummed if you said no," he said honestly and she quietly laughed.

"I'd have been crazy if I did," she smiled as she pulled him closer. Their lips met and they placed soft kisses there. They parted but still didn't let each other go. 

"Okay, when did this happen?" Harry jumped in next to them.

"Not long ago," Louis turned his face to him as Eleanor playfully slapped his chest.

"There has been a steady progress," she smiled and Harry looked suspicious. 

"You're gonna tell me, everything," Harry narrowed his eyes at her, jokingly.

"Tomorrow, promise," she reassured and Harry smiled. Then, Harry went ahead as they were all rushed back to the bus.

"So... what's up?" Harry asked as he sat next to Eleanor as she drank her tea before going to bed.

"You've a show tomorrow, Harold. Go to sleep," she threw her head back.

"I will, once you tell me what's up," Harry pushed.