Chapter 14~Getting Help

"Annabeth is everything ok?" Ailouros asked.

Halt heard Ailouros ask and he dashed towards Abelard, Tug, Blaze, Bolt, Ember, and Copper. In a low whisper, he said, "Ailoruos needs help fast. I'm taking Abelard for sure but what other two horses are willing to come with me to get her help?"

Bolt stepped forward without hesitation. Copper was the only one who didn't step forward. Ember was probably the horse right behind Bolt.

"Very well, let's go." Halt said hopping onto Abelard and taking off. His mind mainly on Ailouros and how innocent she was. Halt had minimal supplies and had forgotten the coffee. Oh well, heating up water for it would take up precious time anyways. Maybe it was for the best that he had left it. He told himself.

Abelard's hooves thudded lightly across the ground.

As Halt rode his concern for the younger girl grew at a steady rate. Where he had been through the experience himself, he knew just how everything seemed to go so slowly yet he hadn't been able to fully register anything. Not his surroundings, even his own apprentice's words. He wouldn't let Ailouros be too far along to be unable to warn the others if an attack happened.

After an hour he hopped off Abelard to let him rest while he rode Bolt. Bolt gave him a strong yet steady canter for Halt. Halt knew that the only reason he had been able to ride Bolt was because of AIlouros's dire need for help.

Bolt also knew this so he went at the strongest pace he could without tiring himself out too fast. The only reason he had been able to keep the pace up was because of how much he pushed himself daily. He pushed himself knowing that one day, he might be what saves his rider's life.

Halt tried multiple times to Slow Bolt's faster pace with no success. When he was to trade horses he had to wait half an hour for the other horses to catch up. From there he rode Bolt at the end of the day and somewhat slept while the other horses caught up. Only a half a day ride was left but Halt pressed forward through the night to make it to Malcolm's cottage by dawn.

He made his way through the forest after Bolt, who had managed to memorize the path to the cottage.

Halt the edge of the clearing Halt, unable to keep still any longer, hopped off Abelard and ran. He ran as fast as he could. At the door, he didn't bother knocking and opened the door to come face to face with Kasai.

***

Amaterasu looked like crying and probably felt like it too. "I'm... Fine. Thanks, Allycat,"

"Annabeth you know that's Amaterasu's nickname for me. Percy uses it too on rare occasions though. Hey, where is Shadow? Is she hiding again?" Ailouroos asked turning to Jasper this time.

"I think he's out hunting," Jasper said playing along.

"Silly, Shadow is a girl. Your cute Nico." Ailouros said cheerfully before pouncing and giving Jasper a big hug and a light kiss on the cheek,

Too stunned to move Jasper just sat there and looked with wild eyes at Amaterasu then mouthed Help Me.

Amaterasu shook her head and smiled wickedly then mouthed back, You're on your own.

"Hey, you guys. Let's go for a swim!" Ailouros then started to stand up.

"Ailouros it's too cold to go swimming and were on a camping trip. Remember I gathered a few of us demigods and we went camping. W We couldn't find a lake so we decided this would be a good place to set up camp." Amaterasu said thinking quickly.

Ailouros yawned and her stomach growled loudly.

"Here Ailoros have some bread and cheese," Jasper said holding some out to her.