V.2 CH.4: A Minor Hiccup

Start from the beginning

Blake: The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If me and F/n can get in, we can hopefully find out what they're planning."

Yang: "I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard..."

Ruby: "Great! We'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we found." She pumps her fist. "Let's do this!"

Sun: "Yeah!"

A smiling Sun Wukong hangs upside-down by his tail in their open window. The whole team is taken aback.

F/n: "Not you again."

Yang: "How did you get up there?"

Sun: "Ah, it's easy; I do it all the time."

Weiss: "You do what?!"

Sun: "I climb trees all the time!" Without reacting to Weiss' scowl, he flips into the dorm room. "So, are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?"

Blake: "We are going to investigate the situation... as a team."

Ruby: "Sorry, Sun. We don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to."

Sun: "Psh! That's dumb! We should always get friends involved! That's why I brought Neptune!"

He gestures out the window. They lean out the window on top of one another to see the aforementioned teammate of Sun's standing outside, cool as can be.

Neptune: "'Sup?"

F/n: "Great! The other idiot."

Ruby: "How did you even get up here?"

Neptune: "I have my ways." F/n notices that Neptune is standing on a very thin ledge circling the building under the windows. "Seriously, though, can I come in? We're like, really high up right now."

~~~

Inside the dorm room, the group are standing in a circle as Ruby lays down the new plan.

Ruby: "Alright, I'll go with Weiss; Sun, you can go with Blake and F/n." As she pushes Neptune past Weiss, he slips her a wink. He immediately gets hit with a book, as he turns around he sees F/n simply whistling. "And Neptune, you can go with Yang since she doesn't have a partner. Everyone good?"

Ruby pushes Neptune, who is stiff as a board, up next to yang. When she is done pushing him, he rocks back and fourth looking nervous. Yang put her hand on his shoulder to stop him from rocking.

F/n: "Let us just hope they don't mess up anything."

~~~

A monumental tower that looms over the sparse trees growing around the crossroads below.

Ruby: "Woooow! I forget how big the Transmit tower looks up close!"

Weiss: "You should see the one in Atlas!"

Ruby: "That was the first one, right?"