Welcome to the family SKY(SKY-Vi)

Start from the beginning

"Umm...Why are you staring at me?", asked Rahul, feeling uneasy.

"You made Hardik shut his mouth with just three words!", said Surya, still in awe.

"Well, that's my part time job", shrugged Rahul, earning a glare from his bestie.

Rahul ignored Harry, and announced in general, "Virat wants all of us in the team room in 15 minutes. He messaged in the group which I suppose you guys have not seen. So lets go", he finished dragging the three behind him.

The four reached the team room and saw Virat in a deep discussion with Bhuvi. Almost everybody was already present there. Rahul scurried up to Virat with his three companions and tapped him on his shoulder. Virat looked up and passed all four of them a friendly smile and said, "Is everybody here?"

Bhuvi looked around once and said, "Yeah, I guess everybody is here."

"Okay then", said Virat as he got up and went to the front of the room facing everybody. Everyone made themselves comfortable on the massage chairs and bean bags and looked at Virat in anticipation. No one had any idea about why Virat called for this impromptu meeting.

Surya, who was sitting in front of Rohit, heard him murmur to Shikhar, "If this guy called this meeting for any nonsense of his, I'm gonna strangle him for ruining my sleep", which made Shikhar snort in return.

Virat cleared his throat to gain attention of his teammates and began, "I know all of you are wondering why we all have gathered here...", when he was cut off by Rohit, who very wearily said, "Arey yaar Virat. Cut the crap please and get to the point." Vi turned to Ro and gave him a glare but Rohit ignored him and yawned just to irk Virat. 

Virat rolled his eyes and continued, "As I was saying before someone interrupted, We have gathered here mainly to have some team time, as the T20 squad members have just joined us. So I think we need some time as a family in here."

Everyone nodded in positive as everyone wanted this time together with their brothers. Virat paused for a bit and continued, "Also Bhuvi has joined us again after a long time away so Welcome Back, Bhuvi!"

Everyone applauded and Bhuvi mouthed a "thank you" to Virat looking at him with his usual childish innocent eyes that melts Virat in a jiffy every time.

"Next we have some new recruitments in the squad now. So..", he went to a corner and brought a box and kept it on the table in front of everyone. He opened it an said, "I would like to hand over your jerseys to you."

He took out Surya's jersey and said, "Surya, can you come up?"

Surya promptly stood up as Rohit banged him on the back and went up to Virat. Virat unfolded the jersey and gave it to Surya, passing him a sweet smile. Surya smiled back as he looked at his name and jersey number on his national team shirt.

SURYA!! 63!!

This is more incredible than he had imagined! He was staring continuously at his jersey, with feeling overwhelming him. Virat clapped him on his shoulder and said, "Welcome SKY". Surya looked at Vi for a second and, as if out of reflex, hugged Virat. Virat patted Surya's back in his elder brother as usual as Surya felt and took in the warmth in that hug. The stare controversy of the IPL was long forgotten between them.

"Welcome to the team, Surya!", said Virat in his usual loving voice he kept reserved for his younger brothers.

"Thank you Virat Bhai", said Surya, looking up at Virat adoringly. They posed for a photograph holding the jersey between them.

They parted away and Virat went on to give the jersey to everyone. Ishan was behaving like a total child around Virat and Virat being Virat indulged him too as usual.