You are the best bhaiyaa (Virat-Jassi)

Requested by mahirat_ and nehaljain1503. Sorry for being so late. But here you go guys. Hope you like it....

------------------------------------------

Jassi was staring at his phone, grinning like an idiot. He was scrolling through his instagram when he came across a post in which many people had tagged him. He curiously opened it to see that the RCB official Instagram handle had posted pictures of Virat Bhai with the fast bowlers - him, Shardul and Natarajan. 

Find someone who loves you as much as Captain Kohli loves his fast bowlers! 😍

This is what the caption read and Jassi couldn't help but smile widely at the picture, till his cheekbones started to hurt. The post said fast bowlers but Jassi knew that his Virat Bhaiya loved the little brother in him more the fast bowler in him. He started thinking of all the time he spent with his Virat Bhaiya. The way he encouraged him, supported him, trusted him, loved him- all of it seemed to play like a film reel in front of his eyes.

His thoughts went back to his debut days, although Virat bhaiya was not the captain in his debut series he always looked out for him. He was always there with him. When he performed exceptionally well in the death overs, Virat bhai came up to, beaming, as he hugged him. At that time Jassi thought it was only because he performed well, that Virat Bhai congratulated him like that. But later he found out, it was not only for his performance, Virat Bhai truly loved him.

Prior to the 2017 England series, Mahi bhai stepped down as a captain and Virat bhai took over. At that time, Jassi was not very close to Virat. He had not seen the caring brother Virat, but only the vice-captain, now captain Virat. But he got a glimpse when Virat bhai guided him during a match where he was getting hit. He came up to him after every ball, found the weakness of the opposition batsmen for him and when Jassi got a wicket, Virat was the happiest of all.

And then came the Champions trophy 2017, Jassi's first ICC tournament. After an awesome league stage, and a beautiful victory at the semi-final versus Bangladesh, then went on to the finals. And then that dreadful no-ball. The no-ball which changed the game. It shifted the whole momentum towards Pakistan as they posed a huge total towards India. India lost the final by a huge margin and Jassi feared to face Virat, fearing the wrath of the captain. Jassi knew it was his fault. He had even heard Bhuvi Bhaiya say so, not directly but indirectly, that the no-ball changed the course of the game. And he feared that their captain, who lost the final of his first ICC tournament as a captain, will also blame, though a part of his mind told him that it would not happen.

But all his fears were put to rest when Virat bhaiya came to his room, and consoled him, told him that these things happen. This loss doesn't define him and Jassi hugged him and cried, as for a 23 year-old boy, a loss to Pakistan was too huge. Virat bhaiya said that he isn't blaming anyone. It was only a few months later, that Jassi found out that Virat bhaiya was actually blaming himself, not anyone of the team. Virat bhaiya thought that it was his job to score runs, which he failed to do. And this continued to happen. Whenever India lost, Virat Bhaiya always blamed himself, never anyone else. 

During the Australia tour, the same year, when Jassi fell ill due to high fever, Virat Bhaiya used to stay awake all night, taking care of him. In 2018, Jassi made his Test debut for India against South Africa. He still remembers Virat bhaiya's overjoyed face when he got his maiden Test wicket, even though it was AB de Villiers, Virat bhaiya's best friend. That day Jassi saw how Virat bhaiya was celebrating more than him, as if it he who got the wicket not Jassi. 2018 became a dream year for him in tests, taking 48 wickets in his debut year, thus creating a record.