Welcome to the family SKY(SKY-Vi)

I read an adorable interview article of Surya Kumar Yadav and the moments of Surya-Vi in the T20's inspired me to write this little fic.. 

Please suggest a title _/\_

Enjoy!!!

-------------------------------------

It was another normal day for Surya. He was trying to watch a movie on his phone because he was getting bored. Emphasis on the 'trying' part here because he was not able to concentrate on one movie for more than ten minutes.

As he was fiddling through the movies on Netflix, a notification popped on his phone. It was a mail from BCCI. His heart skipped a beat. He opened it and what he saw made his heart do a somersault. His name was finally in the Indian squad for the T20's against England. He finally earned an India call-up. He felt his hands go numb. Happiness flooded over him as he sat there still, processing what he had just saw.

Once he composed himself, he called his better half, his wife, who had equally waited for this day. As soon as he told his wife about this, she started crying out of happiness. He called his whole family, and all of them were in a similar condition, for they had seen the amount of hard work and dedication that Surya had shown every single day. Along with Surya, they have also been trying to live this dream for a long time. It has been a very long journey and they are the ones who have stood by him throughout. Surya's father was the most emotional. He finally was able to see his son's name in the national squad. Everyone was so happy.

After talking to his family for a while, Surya hung up. His thoughts were running all over the place. Suddenly he started to feel jittery and nervous. He didn't know why he was feeling like that. He knew most of the players who are his seniors personally, but he didn't know what it will be like to be in the Indian dressing room, sharing the dressing room with the modern day Indian greats.

His trance was broken by a ping from his phone.

Everyone wants to play for India, but finally, your time has come. Welcome to Team India, Surya. Eagerly waiting for you here.
-- Virat

Surya stared at his phone. He couldn't actually believe it at first sight. He checked the number. Yes, it was Virat's only. Virat's message to him was the last thing he was expecting. After the stare incident in the IPL, although they had talked and Virat congratulated him on his knock, Surya didn't think Virat will send him any welcome message like this.

Nevertheless, he was happy. His nervousness went out of the window reading that message. His phone ringed again showing Ishan's name on it. He picked up the call, and was met with the voice of an over excited Ishan, who was over the moon on receiving his first India call-up. And he, like a good elder brother, listened to the excited chatterings of the kid. But to be honest, he was feeling the same.

The day of moving into the team's bio secured bubble arrived and Surya, accompanied by his wife, moved into the bubble with the other T20 squad members. After the quarantine ended and Surya stepped out of his room, he was tackled into a huge hug by one Hardik Pandya and Ishan Kishan. 

"SKY BRO!!! HOW ARE YOU??", Harry all but yelled at the ear of Surya, almost deafening him. Ishan jumped a bit hearing the high pitched yell.

"Was okay before this", muttered Surya rubbing his ear with his free hand.

Harry was literally strangling Surya while yelling nonsense to care about anything. Rahul, who saw all this while passing by, smacked his forehead and closed Harry's mouth to keep him from yelling at poor Surya and Ishan's ears.

"Shut up Harry!!", said Rahul in a no nonsense tone, rendering Harry muttering something on the lines of mean best friend, before turning to other two, who were looking at Rahul in awe.