James's Challenge

Albus, Lucas and Julian were walking down a corridor. They were meeting Roxanne near the Ravenclaw common room since they expected Dominique, their sixth-year cousin, to show up. When they were just about to turn the corner, they met the least welcome people they could  imagine. 

"Well, well, what have we got here?" James crooned. "We're just minding minding our own business, why are you here?" Albus asked coldly. "Well, Albus, we are going down to visit the locked chamber. Got my cloak in case Creevey comes to catch me at it." James said mischievously. "Meet the Gremlins, lead member, James Sirius Potter, me, Second in command, Fred Weasley, third in command, Asher Wood, treasurer, Lorcan Scamander," James said. "Anyways, Slytherin snakeys, we have a challenge for you, duel in this corridor, near Damon the Daring at 10:15 P.M." James said. "Unless you're too cowardly to show up, no contact, you can only bring one other person as your second." "Ok, deal." Albus said. "When?" "Tomorrow." James said. 

"He's setting me up and I know it," Albus said. "I did see him get a bit embarrassed though, maybe he's going to run off afterwards." Lucas said. They reached the area near the Ravenclaw common room and saw Albus's fourth year cousin Roxanne. 

"Where's Dominique?" Albus asked. "Hello, Albus," she said. "I saw everything, he's planning something." "Yeah, he is." Albus said. "He's setting me up." "Well. She got tied up doing prefect business and now homework" Roxanne said "Rumors are going around that she's dating Davies." she said.. "They're true, I saw them walk into Puddifoots together." Albus said. "Rose needs some help on an advanced transfiguration she's learning, I gotta go." she said sadly. With that, he saw his cousin disappear up the steps.

"Listen, guys, Rose told me to meet her in the library, see you later." Albus said as they parted ways. Albus went into the library, and found Rose and Scorpius at a table, once more scribbling fast on their parchment. They were probably being their academically competitive selves again. 

Albus went over to their table and saw a thick book, which they were trying to cram information out of, this was how they worked together, they competed in cramming information, then asked each other if they had the same info at the end. 

"Guys," Albus said. "You know Stewart assigned a team project, not a competitive one." "This is how we work together, Albus," Scorpius said. "Competing and telling each other our findings and seeing if we have the same facts." Well, this is how Malfoy's and Granger-Weasley's worked together, they could never be civil like that.  Rose had taken what her dad said to heart. "Who are you even researching?" Albus asked. "Albriech Ambratorix." Scorpius said. "Ok, cool, so why did you want me here?" Albus asked. "Oh, we have something for you," Rose said. "Since you chose to research Chadwick Boot, here, a book about his achievements." Rose passed the hardcover book to him. "Thanks." Albus said.