The Bad News

Johnathan C. Krinket was an ordinary man. He was finishing the last transaction to one of his buyers. "Done," he said. He enveloped the transaction and sent it to final client for the day. "All done, now I can get on the bus back home." He was walking along the hallway to the elevator, when he saw a man dressed in midnight-purple.

 "H-hello?" John said. "Are you John Krinket?" the man asked. "Yes, er— why and who are you?" he said nervously. "I'm Blaine Carter. I know this will be a little bit of a shock, but I take it many of your workmates have disappeared?" the man said. "Why would you want to to know?" "Because, as you know, you're a Muggle... and he is a Squib." Blaine said. "Yes, so?" "He— well, there's this really powerful artifact out there, and I'm afraid he got cursed by it." Blaine said. "H-how and what is it called?" John asked. "I'm afraid I can't tell you the name of the artifact, but your brother, he's petrified right now, stony, can't move a muscle." "What?" "It's my job to help this— so Obliviate!" John's eyes went out of focus and Blaine started saying something. "Your brother got a nasty injury, he was biking to the park to meet his friends. He was going  along Tottenham Court Road when his tire punctured and he broke his wrist and his ankle." He stopped talking and the other man's eyes drifted back into focus. The purple robed man muttered something and a Polecat appeared. "Send a message to Harry Potter, tell him Lestrange is after the Tempest." He turned to the other man and altered his memory to remember the fake memory. 

John's eyes went out of and into focus again. He heard a crack! and the man called Blaine disappeared. He went over to the elevator, desperately jammed the ground button, he reached the ground floor, still thinking about his brother's injuries. When he reached, he ran to the bus stop and just managed to jump on to the departing bus.