The Badge and the Rage

It had been a day since Albus and James had met the new Headmaster, Headmaster Magento. Albus liked the man, he was funny, but serious and strict. Albus was just thinking about the new school year when an earsplitting scream echoed the Estate. Albus rushed downstairs and found James in the sitting room, looking at something in his hand with disgust and clenching his fist. 

"What is it, James?" said Albus irritably. "I—got—prefect." his brother said through clenched teeth. "The Quidditch Captain last year said he was going to make me Captain this year!" Albus couldn't believe James got prefect, he recalled James blowing up a toilet in his first year, on the other hand, Albus had seen his brother's flying every summer, it was undeniable that he would get Quidditch Captain, until now. "I bet this badge was supposed to go to Creevey." Cameron Creevey wasn't a bad person, but he and James were enemies because Cameron kept on reprimanding him and James kept on jinxing back. "James, I'm sure the Captain is a person that—." Albus started. "I deserve it, even Neville and Louis think I deserve it, that's not very common, isn't it?" James said jerkily. Albus liked Louis very much and looked up to him, not for advice, but for the laughs. Albus even considered is strawberry-blonde cousin more of a brother than the reddish-brown haired boy that was currently standing in front of him, this feeling was mutual, as James considered Fred Weasley II more of a brother than Albus since the Sorting in Albus's first year.  "Well, I hope Creevey sends that letter to me soon." 

After another hour of James's rage, Albus finally had enough. He went up the stairs and into his room and closed the door. James didn't deserve prefect, but he didn't deserve Quidditch Captain either.