Chapter 12

Jeongguk leaned against the white walls and closed his eyes slightly. They have stripped his causal clothes off and made him wear their laboratory gowns.

Jeongguk felt sick to his stomach and stray tears left his eyes. He couldn't be here. They were going to torture him.

Just as that man came in asking Taehyung to teach him rules, they dragged the ice wielder with them. He noticed the fear that flashed in that boy's eyes but he let them take him without any fight. Jeongguk was scared to shit without knowing what was going to happen to him, what is happening to Taehyung. But he didn't got any answers. 

The cell was getting colder and there weren't any windows to see what time it was. Anxiety was eating him up as he heard some footsteps approaching the hallway. He scrambled to his feet backing away few footsteps. It was the guards that took Taehyung away. And the ice wielder was in their arms, barely conscious.

Jeongguk rushed towards Taehyung as he watched the men throwing the boy on the floor. "Your turn will come soon. " He ignored the words of the guards as they left giving his entire attention to the boy. He took adjusted Taehyung's torso in his lap and shook the boy slightly. 

Taehyung was covered in a sweat, and he noticed blue bruises up in his arms. The snow colored hair fell over his sleepy eyes and the boy seemed out of the world. "Taehyung." Jeongguk tried to wake him up. "Taehyung." 

He felt frustrated in his inability to help the boy. Taehyung was so fragile in his arms. Broken. But there was nothing Jeongguk could do about. He didn't know anything about the ice wielder. Apart from the weird dreams he had which Jeongguk hadn't made any attempt to find a connection Taehyung was a stranger to him.

"'I a-am s-sorry..." He stilled for a moment as he heard broken words from the other. "D-don't kill him. J-Jeongguk." Jeongguk couldn't believe this. It was his name that came out of Taehyung's mouth. Was he dreaming? 

"Ggukie... Please don't do anything..." The incoherent words went on. "Taehyung." Jeongguk shook the boy forcefully, trying to wake him up. 

His silver orbs shot open. They were frantically searching for something. "Jeongguk." Taehyung called out in a relief. Startling the other boy Taehyung jumped on him, hugging tightly. Jeongguk didn't move from where he was. Taehyung's hand were trying to assure that he was there alive. "You are here." Taehyung muttered. "You are alive." 

Jeongguk didn't know what to say to the boy. He wrapped his arms around the other and rocked him, trying to put Taehyung out of the state he was in. "I fought hard Ggukie. But they. They tried to hurt you. I'm sorry. My father...He..."

"Shhh its alright, I'm here." He murmured. "Breathe Taehyung. I'm here."

"You are really here Ggukie." Jeongguk's heart broke as he heard the boy whimpering. "I was so scared. Everyday I...I looked for you. You weren't here."

"I'm here now." Jeongguk said. He didn't understand a single thing Taehyung was talking about. His father? "You need to rest."

Immediately after he said that Taehyung frantically looked up from Jeongguk's embrace. His eyes bright blue as ever were glossed with tears. "You won't leave me, would you? You will be here right?" Jeongguk felt like crying after seeing the boy so broken. He doesn't know Taehyung but the sight of him hurt like that made his insides coil.

He brushed away the stray strands out of his eyes and wiped the tears off his cheeks. "I won't. I will be here. I promise." Even with that assurance the ice wielder refused to let go of his grip with a fear that he might disappear if he did. Jeongguk hold him in his embrace as Taehyung's breath evened out slowly.