Chapter 9

Are you sure that they won't follow us." Hoseok asked for the nth time, while they were putting up a campsite for the night. "The trees are back as they were. No one will suspect anything."

"What is it Guk?" Namjoon asked quietly as he sat beside Jeongguk. Throughout the whole journey Jeongguk was oddly quiet. "What hyung?" Jeongguk replied slightly startled by the question. "You are distressed. I can feel it." Namjoon smiled slightly easing the atmosphere.

Jeongguk was in a mental argument with himself. Hesitantly he spoke up, "I...I can't." He couldn't find words. "Hyung my powers, there is a lot to develop."

Namjoon hummed listening to him. "I never wanted to hurt anyone with that. But knowing that I have ..."

Namjoon realized that Jeongguk had something really heavy hanging on his shoulders. "Those officials, they were just executing someone's commands. They never deserved it."

Jeongguk hung his head low. Namjoon sighed. "At the first time I used my power to hurt someone I felt this too." He said. "And let me tell something I have made up. Those all kind of courage and kind from the books and shows from our parent's childhood all is bullshit."

Jeongguk looked surprised at Namjoon. "In this world, people had forgotten about how to live. They are merely surviving. I know what I am about to say is fucked up. But that is reality. You should only care about to live the next day. You are alive and breathing, that is enough Guk. Those people, that day, they tries to take that choice from you and what you did was nothing cruel. You did what you think you should do to survive."

"I didn't think of myself." Jeongguk murmured. Namjoon smiled knowingly. He knew what Jeongguk was thinking. "I know."

He gazed at Yoongi, Hoseok and Seokjin who were chatting to themselves. "I feel the same too."

"I have only been with you all for a month maybe." Jeongguk said in a soft voice. "But losing one of you...I'm scared hyung."

"Guk it is alright." Namjoon said. "There is nothing to be scared for caring someone."

"Buy hyung, the only persons that I have cared before." Jeongguk said now crying softly. "They are now dead, because of me."

"Jeongguk." Namjoon called him. "Don't do that to yourself."

"I get it. You are scared. Everyone is. Everyone has some kind of fear that try to stop them from taking the next step. You are thinking this as your weakness." Namjoon said slowly while Jeongguk hanging on his words.

"Think it as the opposite. You care for us. Make it as strength. We care for you too. We all have each others back." Jeongguk looked away trying to take in the words.

"And your power situation." Namjoon added. "I think we can all help you in that. Jin hyung and Yoongi hyung are way more experienced and surely we can find a way."

Jeongguk needed this assurance. Somehow in this journey he went alone a part of him that searched for warmth was hidden deep inside him. Now he has found his way back to that.

-----------

By evening they managed to reach quarter 6. By far they haven't noticed any Government officials and were quite relieved by the whole thing.

But everything was about to change.

"Stay close." Yoongi muttered. He was the one who walked in front. All the boys were feeling something was off. The town was normal, more than quarter 5. Even though it was small it was in a good condition.