Chapter Forty-Eight - Impala Sixty-Seven

Start from the beginning

The pair burst through the motel room door attached at the mouth. Elizabeth struggled with Sam's shirt buttons as they staggered towards the bed. Sam ran his hands up her sides, under her leather jacket, smoothing over her shoulders and arms as he took the jacket with him, dropping it to the floor.
Both their phones pinged their respective text alerts, making Elizabeth groan out in annoyance.
They parted, panting as they took out their phones.
"Why is Dean sending an SOS when he's supposed to be... Busy?" Elizabeth frowned.
"As much as I'd like to ignore him and continue this... We'd better go see what he wants..." Sam huffed, putting his phone back in his pocket to do up his shirt.

In Dean's room, they found him with Shaylene, sat on either side of the end of the bed.
"Well, this doesn't look like fun." Elizabeth commented.
"Apparently Demons have sex contracts now." Dean mumbled, half way through drawing a Demon trap on the ceiling.
The Vampire's brows raised.
"My boss will be by any minute." Shaylene told them, looking awfully embarrassed.
"Right... I see." Elizabeth chuckled in mild disbelief.
"Wrong. He's here." Sam announced, peeking through the sheer window covering.
The newcomers went to the bathroom to hide as the Demon walked in.
"How we doing?" He asked, closing the door behind him. "Everybody ready for a good time?" He pulled out a contract from the inside of his grey suit jacket. "Okay. John Hancock. Right here. Then we can get this party started."
Dean got up from the bed and turned to face him as Sam and Elizabeth came out from the bathroom, Angel blades in hand.
"Winchesters." The Demon mumbled.
Sam and Dean looked up, drawing the Demon's gaze in the direction of the trap.
"She told us everything." Dean said.
"Abduction, forced prostitution. It's pretty gnarly, even for a Demon." Sam shook his head.
"She's got her version, I've got mine." The Demon replied.
"Liar." Shaylene sneered.
"Let me guess - she came to you begging for you to pimp her out." The older brother all but rolled his eyes.
"Either way it's gunna suck for you." Elizabeth glared.
"Yeah, 'cause that Harvard degree was working out so well for her." The Demon countered.
"How many girls are there?" Dean demanded. "Hmm? How big is this?"
"Just me and Shay." The Demon replied.
"He's lying. There's a brothel, I heard him on the phone." Shaylene told them, turning to her boss. "They told me what you are - a Demon from Hell!"
"Beats trash from the street." The Demon scoffed.
"I don't think it does." Elizabeth shrugged.
"I'll be sure to pass that along to Crowley, blood whore." He smirked.
"Go for it. He knows how I think." The Vampire retorted.
The Demon had nothing to say to that, so went back to insulting the girl.
"Face it, Missy. Without me, you would've been dead of drugs or worse in a year." He said, turning back to the brothers. "Frankly, this little hoe should be thanking me."
Just as he got his last word out, Shaylene snatched the Angel blade from Dean and stabbed the Demon straight in the chest.
"Woah!" Dean went to protest, but it was too late.
The reddish gold lights flickered within the Demon's meat suit and, as soon as she pulled the blade out, he fell to the floor.
The older brother removed the blade from her grasp and released a huffed sigh.
"Okay. Well, that just happened."
"Yeah, and he was our best shot at the location of the brothel. Do you have any idea where it is?" Sam asked the girl.
No one noticed Elizabeth walk over to the body, going through his pockets until she found his phone.
"No, but I saw him give these out at the bars." Shaylene replied, picking out a cheap business card from his jacket pocket.
Elizabeth looked up from the phone, dropping it down on the Demon's chest as she walked over.
"Raul's Girls. 1482 Willis Drive." She read aloud, looking over Dean's shoulder.
"Off we go then." Dean sighed, slipping the card into his pocket.
"What did you study at Harvard?" The Vampire asked.
"Business and finance." Shaylene replied.
Elizabeth's eyebrows raised, looking to the boys as she reached into the pocket of her leather jacket.
"Well, then. You'd best go do something decent with that. Because you've just got yourself a second chance." She said, placing roughly ten thousand dollars into her hand.
The boys looked between each other in shock.
"Really?" Shaylene gasped, earning a bright smile and a nod from Elizabeth. "Thank you. Thank you so much!"
Shaylene hugged the Vampire's neck tightly before heading for the door.
"I won't let you down. Thank you." She grinned, making her exit.
Elizabeth chuckled, looking down at the floor before moving her gaze over to the Winchesters.
"What?" She shrugged.
"You just carry that sort of money around with you?" Dean cocked an eyebrow, his jaw slack.
"Yeah... I figured something exciting might happen and I might need the cash ready. Either that or I'll get pick-pocketed. In which case, the person doing the pick-pocketing needs that money way more than I do."
Sam scoffed, a smile turning up the corners of his mouth.
"That's a Hell of a reason to just carry that kinda money around. Also strangely noble." He chuckled.
"Come on, those poor girls aren't going to save themselves." Elizabeth sighed, walking towards the motel room door.

The brothel looked as though it had already been hit.
It was a dive and tacky as Hell, complete with a wooden interior that appeared to have not been re-vamped since the sixties.
On the floor were two men. Both had clearly been Demon meat suits, but one of them was in a puddle of black sludge.
"I can't believe someone got to kill this Raul tool before we could." Dean scoffed, walking in.
"Is that what I think it is?" Elizabeth frowned, walking over to the black puddle.
She knelt down beside it and dipped her finger in. She sniffed it, developing a deeper frown as she licked her fingertip.
She recoiled in disgust, wiping her tongue on her jacket sleeve.
"Ew. Yep. That's Demon, alright. Pure, liquefied Demon." She scrunched up her nose.
The boys watched in horror.
"That has gotta be the single grossest thing I have ever seen you do." Dean uttered.
"Yeah... You're washing your mouth out before I kiss you again." Sam added as the Vampire got back to her feet.
"That's fair." She shrugged, taking out her flask to cover the taste of Demon.
"You guys check IDs." Dean mumbled, walking over to the bar as the other two did as asked.
"Yep. This is Raul." Sam said.
"What, did he puke himself to death?" Dean asked, pouring himself a whiskey.
"Possibly..." Elizabeth replied.
"Okay, so... Something went down here, there was a standoff. One Demon smokes out and Raul... What can even kill a Demon like this?"
"Magic. I tasted magic mixed in with the... Goop." The Vampire nodded.
"Witch, confirmed." Sam scoffed, picking up a hex bag from under Raul's legs.
"A powerful one, at that." Elizabeth added.

"Here we go," Sam started, looking down at his laptop as the trio were on the road again. "Um, so it looks like in the eighteenth century, there were accounts of Demons killed by witchcraft. Apparently, they were vanquished by a spell called Defigere et Depurgare."
"To bind and purge." Elizabeth stated.
"Exactly." The younger brother nodded.
"You think that's the same kind of spell that took out Raul?" Dean asked.
"Sounds like it. But from what I can tell, that spell hasn't been used in over three hundred years. And it was only ever known by one person - the Witch who created it."
"That is?" Dean pressed.
"Rowena." Sam answered.
Elizabeth's eyes lit up in shock.
"What did you just say?"
"Rowena." Sam repeated, looking back at her with a frown.
"Oh my God..." Elizabeth breathed. "That's... The Witch Alexander was working with - the Witch who wiped my memories."
"You're kidding." Dean exclaimed. "The Witch we're tailing is the one who wiped Eden off the friggin' map?"
"It must be... I mean, the time fits." Sam shrugged.
"I might finally get my answers..." Elizabeth whispered.

Looking out for signs of witchcraft had become a main priority. And they didn't have to wait long.
The unusual death of a waiter at a high end restaurant, not far from where they were, gave them the tip off they needed.
Armed with their suits and FBI badges, they went to investigate.
"Middle of my shift, there's Marty - throwing down, clutching his head, stroking out right there on the floor." A waiter told them. "Sweating, turning red, like... Like..."
"Like his brains were boiling?" Dean asked, following the man around as he did his duties. "Was there anything else unusual?"
"More unusual than our head waiter dropping dead in front of me?" The man countered.
"Before that." Dean prompted.
"Well, I don't know. I mean, I thought getting two hookers in here was pretty damn unusual," The waiter scoffed as he laid a table. "But that was before Marty keeled over."
"Two hookers?" Dean frowned.
"Based on what they were wearing? Yeah."
"Were they with anyone? A woman with red hair, perhaps?" Elizabeth pressed.
"Yeah. How'd you know that?" The waiter frowned.
"Lucky guess." The Vampire chuckled hesitantly.
"Thank you for your time." Dean nodded, putting an arm out for Elizabeth to lead the exit.

Sam was sat outside at one of the restaurant's patio tables, just getting off the phone when the pair walked out.
"Hey." He greeted.
"So, it looks like our Witch was here with two new friends." Dean told him.
"Really?" Sam frowned, putting his phone in the left pocket of his suit jacket.
"Two girls from Raul's." Elizabeth nodded.
"What does she want with them?" Sam asked.
"I don't know." Dean sighed. "What did you get from the Hunter network?"
"This guy Darrell's been working a case, a series of grisly hotel murders - one at the Kensington, one at the Waldorf in Cleveland - bodies stabbed, impaled on the ceiling." Sam replied.
"Sounds a little more homicidal maniac than witchy." The older brother commented.
"That's what Darrell thought too, until the autopsy came back. Actual cause of death -"
"Let me guess," Dean huffed. "Boiled brains."
"Yeah." Sam scoffed. "Same as our waiter."
"Well, I'll give this to the Witch - she's got deep pockets." Dean sighed.
"That tends to happen when you've been on Earth a few centuries." Elizabeth spoke up.
"Yeah..." Sam frowned in thought. "Let's get."
"Where we going?" Dean asked.
"Check out every five star hotel in the area." The younger brother replied.
"Ooh, yes." Elizabeth smirked, skipping up alongside him. "My area of expertise."