"I missed you"

Today was the day.

You were going to meet your brother.

You decided to go to the gym before getting ready to release some of the anxiety, when you got there it was empty which meant you could use fire too. As you punched at the bag, fists red with heat, you tried your hardest not to focus on James, not to focus on the way he flinched that day, not to focus on the letters you wrote to him, not to focus on the way he never said bye when you left.

It was proving much more difficult than you expected and as your eyes started blur, your attack became much weaker, you stopped and held onto the bag to steady it, pushing your forehead into it as you tried to stop the tears from escaping your eyes.

"You're gonna get stabbed again if you start fighting like that." You turned to Natasha as she walked over, putting a hand on your shoulder she smiled, "Wanna' moving target?" You nodded softly as she readied herself, as she tied up her hair you put on your gloves so you didn't hurt her too bad.

You stood in front of her, fists up, and smirked before going in for a punch, she dodged and rugby tackled you, flipping you over onto your back, as she walked around you quickly swept her legs from under her, bringing her to the floor next to you, you lunged at her to keep her down but she managed to get there first and wrap her legs around your neck, holding your arm up next to her face. You tapped her leg three times and she released, helping you to your feet after standing up herself.

"Maybe I should stick to the bag," You chuckled rubbing your wrist where she had gripped it.

"Maybe you should stop overthinking it,"

You rolled your eyes and turned to the bag, "How much did he tell you?" You asked as you returned to your previous training.

Natasha stood behind it and held it still for you, "He only told me that you don't talk to your brother much and that you're worried about meeting up with him." She said.

You sighed in relief that he didn't go into too much detail, even though this was a new start for you and James you still weren't comfortable with the rest of the team knowing too much.

"Just remember that we are all here for you," You continued pummeling the bag and she accepted no reply.

You two stayed in that room for a little bit as you trained, her giving you tips and critiques to help.

After you'd tired your muscles enough you went to get ready for lunch, you made sure the fire protective gloves went well with your outfit, pairing loose fitting blue jeans and a simple black cropped t-shirt with a heavy leather jacket. Once you'd brushed through your damp hair and brushed on some light makeup, you went downstairs to see if Bucky was ready.

 Once you'd brushed through your damp hair and brushed on some light makeup, you went downstairs to see if Bucky was ready

"Hey handsome, you look- Handsome." You leaned over and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"You ready?" He replied standing up, you let out a shaky breath and nodded softly before heading to the lift.

"Good luck!" You heard a couple teammates yell as the doors opened.