v : protective

You woke up to a text from Hisoka giving you the time he would be picking you up from your hotel. You made a mental note to wait for him a few minutes early so he wouldn't creep out the residents like last time.

You locked yourself in the bathroom, turning on the hot water letting the steam fill the room.

You considered distancing yourself from Hisoka when you got the chance because his existence was disrupting your daily thoughts. Everything seemed to make you think of him. Hot water reminded you of him.
Hot showers felt satisfying even though it was probably a little too hot. The water was comforting even though the temperature was making the palms of your hand burn. The steam made it difficult to breathe clearly. It stung the way it hit your back, it almost made you want to turn the knob down to make the water cooler..

But you didn't. And truly, you didn't have any real intention to do so. Sounds dramatic when you're just thinking about a shower.. but it reminded you of him.
Because even though he was nothing short of an inconvenience to you, you never really shooed him away. You could. But deep down you didn't want to. You would never tell him that though.

The soap smelled good and slid on your body easily. You massaged your sore muscles taking your time to properly relax. When the water started to run cold you turned it off, and went to brush your teeth.

You could've sworn you heard something rustling in your room but you ignored it for now.

You wrapped your towel around your body before checking out where the noise was coming from.

Steam escaped the room when you opened the door and your soul felt like it dispersed with the steam. Sitting in front of you was none other than your favorite partner, Hisoka Morow.

Your hold on the towel around you tightened. You'll be damned if the first time he sees you naked is from a stupid towel slip. That's besides the point-
"What the hell are you doing here?" You scolded him, "Aren't you early anyways?" You continued. You whipped your head to check that you put your vibrator back in its drawer.

Thank god.

He looked ready to go, he was wearing one of his elaborate fighting outfits, hair gelled back with his signature star and teardrop on his cheeks.

"You should really lock the door to your room don't you think?~"

"Well. I wouldn't need to worry if I didn't have creeps like you walking in like it's your own." You retorted, somewhat embarrassed by the fact you forgot to lock your door. At least you locked the bathroom door.

"Now get out, I have to change."

"I don't mind." His face was smug.

"I do. Get out."

He rolled his eyes playfully, "I have something for you." He handed you the rose from yesterday.

"Thank you," You held the rose that was more limp now than it was yesterday. "Now, Go. I'll meet you outside." You commanded.

"Hmph." He pursed his lips then left.

You put the rose in a cup of water, stroking the petals lightly. It was velvety. You got dressed then went out to meet with him.

"Shall we go?" He held out his hand for you which went ignored. The driver brought you to Heaven's Arena. On the way you learned that Hisoka had already ranked to a pretty high floor level. His next match was to get the 150th floor. You weren't surprised that he was already at that level. What did shock you a bit was the fact that he signed up for a death match.

He didn't seem fazed at all by his decision though. He looked.. excited?

Hisoka led you to the private room he got from surpassing floor 100. It was a nice room and the bed was large enough for 2. You thought of scenarios that involved the two of you on the bed together but you shook the thought out.
His fight didn't start for a while so you sat on the edge of the bed getting a little comfortable. Hisoka stood leaning against the wall, looking at you. The silence was getting rather.. thick.