4.8 the second task

Start from the beginning

We strolled down the large bridge, talking about Professor McGonagall's assignments before bumping into someone.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" I looked up to see Ron staring apologetically at Hermione. I looked at the two of them before removing my arm from Hermione's.

"Well, Hermione. I'll meet you in the common room then?"

She looked over at me and nodded gratefully. I smiled at the two of them before making my way towards the castle. I eventually reached the portrait hole.

I called out the password, "Banana Fritters." The portrait hole swung open as I made my way inside.

"Y/N!"

I entered the common room to see Harry standing there, holding the golden egg and his invisibility cloak.

"Yeah?" I walked up to him.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come with me find out the hint?" He pointed at the egg. "Cedric told me to go to the prefect's bathroom and place the egg into the water."

"Scared of going alone, Harry?" I teased.

A smile grew on his face. "No. I just want you to come with me."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "That's a great excuse. Let's go then."

I grabbed Harry's wrist and pulled him out of the portrait hole. Harry placed the cloak over us, our faces nearly touching. We soon reached the bathroom as Harry muttered the password, "Pine Fresh."

The door creaked open as Harry and I pushed it open. We walked in and the door automatically closed as Harry pulled the invisibility cloak off of us. I gasped as I saw the white marbled bathtub with golden taps surrounding the pool edges. I ran up to the tub and turned on a couple of the taps, which gushed out pink and blue soap as the pool began filling up with bubbles.

"Aw no! I didn't bring my swimsuit. I didn't know there was going to be a swimming pool in here!" I exclaimed sadly as I smelled the sweet aroma coming from the large tub.

"It doesn't matter. You can still swim. There isn't anyone here anyways," Harry replied awkwardly before taking off his sweatshirt and dipping into the water. I turned beet red as Harry sat in the tub, the egg on the counter.

"Come in," Harry said, not meeting my eyes.

"Are you sure?" I asked. He nodded as I took off my skirt and sweater, wearing only my bra and underwear. I quickly entered the tub, sitting as far away as possible from Harry.

Harry cleared his throat before speaking up. "Uh, Y/N? I think you need to come closer if we want to hear the egg."

"Uh, right!" I said quickly before swimming over, sitting next to Harry. 

"Are you going to open it?" I asked, Harry staring at me.

He turned around to grab the egg before opening it. The familiar screeches filled the room as Harry fumbled to close it. I helped him by reaching over to grab the egg, eventually locking it in place, our hands touching. Our faces were both a dark shade of crimson as Moaning Myrtle's voice popped up.

"I'd try putting it in the water if I were you."

I shrieked as Harry yelled out, "Myrtle!"

I covered my body with my hands as I watched her float over towards the pool.

"Long time no see." Myrtle said, sitting next to Harry as Harry scooted closer to me.

"Myrtle, did you say try putting it in the water?" Harry asked her.