Finally

Benny quickly picked up his phone and his mom yelling. I couldn't hear what she was saying but Benny tried calming her down. "Mom, mom it's okay! I fell asleep at Luke's house!" He said trying to explain. I was trying to hold back my laughs. He looked at me dead in the eyes and almost started laughing. I shushed him with a smile on my face. A few moments later he hung up and let out a breath. "What she say?" I asked. "She said she was extremely worried and that I should have called her, you know mom stuff." He said then giggled. I smiled and went back to cooking.

Benny walked up to me and stood next to me. He kept looking to me then back to the floor. "What are you looking at?" I asked giggling. "Your cute when your focused." He said smiling. I widened my eyes and blushed. He realized what he said and widened his eyes. "Did I say that out loud?" I asked embarrassed. "What? That I'm cute? No, I don't recall." I said sarcastically. He smiled and looked away crossing his arms. I finished cooking and went to put it on the plate. I turned towards Benny and I didn't realize how close we were. I looked up at him and met his eyes with mine. His eyes flickered down to my lips and back up. We started leaning in until our lips met. We kissed! It was all good until my dad walked in. "What cooking smells good." He said walking downstairs. Benny and I pulled apart quickly and I turned back to the stove. I realized that there was nothing cooking and started panicking. I don't even know why I was just surprised at the kiss. Benny and I were still blushing. "Uh we were hungry so I decided to make food." I said. My dad opened the front door to grab the newspaper. He grabbed a cup of coffee that I had made because I knew he was getting up for work. "Thanks for the coffee." He said filling his cup. "Actually that's mine." I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and sat down. Benny was at the table on his phone while eating. I sat down next to Benny and looked at him. He looked back and we smiled and blushed. I took a sip of my orange juice and looked away. "Okay well I'm off to work." My dad said a while later leaving me and Benny alone again. It was kinda awkward considering we just kissed. We shared random glances at each other sitting in an awkward silence. Luke finally came downstairs with messy hair and just a pair of shorts, he had marker on his face drawn by someone. I snorted at his look and almost spit out my drink. Benny and I started laughing together while Lucas just stood there confused. "What?" Luke asked. "Nothing nothing..." I said trying to contain my laugh. He rolled his eyes and grabbed the food I made. Benny looked at me and we shared glances. We started laughing again knowing exactly what we were thinking. "What is so funny?" Luke asked desperately. "Why don't you go look in the mirror. He ran to a mirror and looked at himself. "Hannah!" He yelled. I was confused because I don't remember Hannah coming. "Hannah was here?" I asked. "Well yeah uh she came over last night and left early this morning." He said trying to wash off the marker. I looked at Benny and he just shrugged. Luke finally washed off the marker and sat down. "I didn't hear her come in." I asked curiously. "Uh yeah well because uh you were asleep." He said lying through his teeth. I looked over to Benny who looked just as confused as I was. "I was awake almost the hole night and I didn't see her." Benny said taking a bite of his food. "And also your a terrible liar Luke." I said laughing a bit. He rolled his eyes and took a bite of food. "I didn't see her leave this morning either." I said with realization. Luke shrugged ignoring the question. I wondered if she snuck in but Hannah doesn't seem like the person to do that. I shrugged it off and kept eating. I was finally done and I went to change. My mom was off work today so she slept in which means I have to be quiet going up and down the stairs. I changed and went back downstairs quietly. There was one thing that I couldn't stop thinking of. The kiss. I wondered if he was just caught up in the moment or he actually liked me. I went downstairs and Benny had on some of Luke's old clothes which were a bit to big for him. I wasn't planning on going to the sandlot at first but I wasn't gonna let it get to me, and besides my brain was still thinking about the kiss. They were talking by the door and when they saw me that bolted out the door. I ran after them and we ran to the sandlot. The boys were already there playing catch. "Jeez took you long enough." Ham said throwing his hands up in the air. "Yeah yeah we're used to them being late but not you Benny." said pointing to each of us. We all rolled our eyes and went to the dugout. Squints looked at me occasionally with a sorry look.

Bennys POV

I couldn't stop thinking about Brooke and how we kissed in the kitchen. I had a plan though. I was gonna kiss her again. I don't know when...or where but I was gonna do it. I was thinking of a plan all day. "Okay so what's the plan on getting that ball back?" Ham said breaking my train of thought. I totally forgot about that. "Didn't you think of one after I left?" Brooke asked. "No we all yelled at squints the rest of the day." Ham said rolling his eyes. Brooke giggled a bit making me laugh and soon all the other boys to laugh. Her laugh was contagious no doubt about it.

A/n

I just wanted to say thanks for 300 reads and sorry for the late post. Okay bye have a nice day/night.