CHAPTER 1 | OLD MISSION

Start from the beginning

However, Ian had always been there in the back of his mind. Those dark opal eyes were hard to get rid of even after June busied himself in different missions.

The teacher’s lecture became a distant muffle as June continued to observed Ian.

Ian's tanned skin and unruly hair were just the same June had remembered. June continued admiring the light golden glow of the tanned skin and the way the sun rays from the window seeped through the circles of Ian’s curls.

Suddenly, Ian snapped opened his eyes and looked at June.

June's eyes widen in surprise. Those eyes were just like he remembered.

Dark and empty.

But again, those dark empty eyes had their own charm. They looked like pristine and unspoiled pair of onyx gem. They were an endless dark tunnel. The more you look, the more you got lost in them.

June was still progressing the look of Ian’s face when Ian glared at him and turned his head away and started sleeping.

After the class was over, Ian felt someone tap his shoulder. He looked back and saw the boy with hazel eyes.

“What?” he grunted.

June smiled brightly.

“Wanna have lunch together?”

“No,” Ian snapped and got up.

“Wa-wait!” June panicked. He got up and reached out to grab Ian’s arm but his foot got stuck over the chair's leg.

With a yelp June fell face down on the floor.

The first thing he felt was embarrassment. His ears and neck burned as he pushed himself up with a hiss.

Ian watched June who was nursing his chin.

“Idiot,” Ian murmured as he squatted down, in front of June and gently held June’s face and examine them.

His eyes flickered over the plump lips.

How is his lips so pink?

Ian shook away the thought quickly. His cold eyes raked over June’s bruised face.

“Let’s get you to the nurse room,” Ian muttered, “You had quiet a nasty fall.”

“I am fine,” June squeaked. Ian was way too close to his liking.

Ian frowned. He was sure, June’s nose will start bleeding any seconds, falling flat on your face always does that.

“Your hands look quite large but they are really soft!” June grinned.

Ian gave him a confusing look.

Why is the idiot comparing size and touch?

“We need to get you to the nurse room,” Ian repeated.

“I told you, I am—”

June never got to finish his sentence. He felt something thick and hot trickle down his nostrils.