#17 Jets and Clouds

For a second time, we pack up. Natasha asks me about a hundred times if I'm sure I'm ready and to tell her if I get overwhelmed at any moment. This time, we're taking the jet which is a couple miles down through the facility. Clint and Nathan's realizes it probably wasn't a good idea to drag me halfway through New York to where Fury was.

Clint is driving up here with his car, he had to return the jet he borrowed from Fury. The Avengers Quinjet has since been moved back to the facility.

"I'm ready!" I say.

Natasha hands me a package. It's another necklace. "Before Tony left, he made you another one." She says. "He made a few adjustments so it should be more comfortable."

I put the necklace on and take some deep breaths as I get used to it while we wait for Clint. I practice putting energy into it, and with enough energy in it, the necklace doesn't feel so cold. In fact, I barely notice it after a while.

Finally, Clint drives up in his car, I stand pressed up against Natasha as it rumbles to a halt. Clint gets out and approaches me.

"Ready to try again Kitty Kat?" He asks.

I just give him a big hug. "Yes." I say.

At first he kind of freezes, but then he wraps me up in his arms and it's warm and safe feeling and comfortable.

"I've missed you big guy." Says Natasha.

"Natasha." Says Clint with a huge smile and he gently lets go of me to go over and embrace his partner. I can't help but grin as he envelops her in a hug.

Clint helps us load our suitcases up and he leads me to the car.

"Let's try getting in without starting it." He says. "It's not going to make any noises at all, I'll let you hold the keys so you can be sure."

He hands me the keys.

I hold them gently and look them over.

"Now, do you want to sit in the front and be right next to me and be able to see out the big window and see what I'm doing or do you want to sit in the back with Natasha?" Clint Asks me.

"Natasha!" I say quickly, eyes wide.

Natasha helps me into the backseat and shows me how to use a seatbelt.

"Do you want to be by the window or do you want to be in the middle?" She asks.

"I want to be in the middle so I can see Clint." I say.

"Okay." Says Natasha.

After about ten minutes of me exploring the car and figuring out what everything does, I'm satisfied.

"How are you feeling?" Asks Wanda, who is standing by.

"A little nervous, but I'm excited to try again." I say.

"It's okay to be nervous when you're going to a new place." Says Vision. "I experience new things all the time."

"Okay Katya, I'm going to start it. What you're going to hear is the sound of the motor, and that's what makes the car go. That's all it does. It helps the car move so we can get to the farm. Got it?" He asks.

I nod.

I hold Wanda's hand as he starts the car. I jump a little bit I don't go anywhere. The car splutters and purrs, I close my eyes and slowly open them. It's okay.

"Come here." Says Clint. I walk over to him, and he leads me to the front of the car. The sounds are the loudest here.

"This is where the motor is." He says. "Its loud , huh?"