#9 Swings and Horses

I have some good days and some bad ones. I continue to sleep with Wanda, she's sweet and seems to enjoy the company. I miss Vulcan a lot, nothing will ever change that. I think about him everyday. Natasha still avoids me like the plague, and I avoid her. She doesn't want to look at me. Wanda says Natasha feels ashamed about scaring me. She says I need to go talk to her, but Natasha won't even look at me.

I wake up nestled into Wanda's side. She's already up, she's reading a book.

"Morning Katya." She says.

"Good morning." I yawn and roll away from her onto the cooler part of the bed.

She lets me wake up slowly, I stretch and roll back to her and sit up. I snuggle into her side.

"What would you like to do today?" She asks.

"Lets go outside." I say.

"Yeah?" Wanda tries to hide it but I can tell she's visible excited. I haven't wanted to leave the room for the past couple of days.

"Yeah." I nod happily.

We eat breakfast, get dressed, and go out of the compound. It's a beautiful day, it's not too hot or too cold. The sun is bright, I shield my eyes and blink until I am adjusted.

I see Clint is fishing on the lake.

"Hi Clint." I tell him.

"Hello Katya." He responds. He looks at me sweetly but sadly, he's been a little upset ever since that night with Natasha.

"Hello Clint." Says Wanda.

"Hiya Wanda, what are you two girlies up to?" He asks.

"Just getting some fresh air." Says Wanda. I look around and enjoy the view. I close my eyes and take a deep breath of the cool outside air. I look around again and rest my eyes on a strange piece of furniture.

"Why is that chair suspended between two trees?" I ask.

"What!?" Clint looks at me shocked.

Wanda giggles. "The swing?"

"I hope you're not talking about the swing!" Clint stands up.

"Whats a swing?" I ask in genuine confusion.

"You're meaning to tell me you've never been on a swing?" Asks Clint.

"Nope." I say. "The lab is all I remember."

Clint's face falls. "Oh...right." He looks at me sadly and I look down at the ground.

Wanda gently takes hold of my hand. "Come, it is quite enjoyable."

She leads me towards the bench and sits down. She pats the space next to her and I sit as well. The suspension allows the bench to move back and forth.

"Now this isn't like your typical playground swing, we're not going to be going upside down or anything like that but it's still pretty great." Says Clint.

"Upside down?" I feel kind of queasy at the thought.

"We're not going upside down, that's what I just said." Clint says, moving behind us.

"What is this?" I ask, turning around to look at him. "Why are you going behind us?"

"I'm going to push you, silly." Says Clint.

I hop off the swing and look at Wanda and Clint accusingly. "Push us off? That doesn't sound like much fun!"

"Push...push you off?" Asks Clint loudly. He makes dramatic hand movements. "No I'm not going to push you off!"