C H A P T E R S I X T E E N

Depuis le début

The young girl, Dyani, tilts her head to the side. "Pack thingies?"

Tyra cringes but nods her head anyway. "Y-yeah. Pack thingies."

Blaise doesn't question the weird interaction. She just watches as the young girl kisses her mother on the cheek before waving her off. Once Tyra rushes out of the restaurant, Blaise walks behind the counter with the little girl on her hip.

"So," Blaise starts. "How old are you, little cutie?"

Dyani plays with the strap of Blaise's apron. "Four," she mumbles.

"Oooh, so you're a big girl, huh?" Blaise walks over to the front door to flip the 'CLOSED' sign to 'OPEN'.

Dyani shrugs. "I guess." She looks into Blaise's eyes with her dark brown ones. "What your name?"

Blaise runs a hand through her hair. "Blaise," she answers as she places the tiny human on the counter.

"Like fire!" She says with a giggle. Blaise tries not to coo out loud. Her little smile was just too adorable.

A/N: just realized I never showed you Tyra so here she is

Dyani

Dyani

"Yes hun, like fire."

Dyani plays with her long, wavy, brown locks. "What you doin'?" She questions.

Blaise was currently writing the special down on the chalkboard. She voices her actions just as Saint walks into the cafe, looking slightly disheveled. Elizabeth was trailing behind him, wearing a backpack and listening to music on her kitten ear headphones.

"What's up, sweetheart? You're lookin' stressed out," Blaise wonders as she starts to wipe down the counter.

Saint lets out a breath. "I'm so sorry Blaise," he starts. "Coach called a random practice today, said something about with the game being so close that we need to step it up. So now I have to head over to the school and leave Liz here with you." He fusses with his curls. "Unless that's too much for you right now. I can totally just bring her with me. I'm sure coach won't mind... I hope," he mutters the last part to himself, hoping Blaise won't hear his uncertainty.