"Will you be home for dinner tonight?" I asked hopeful. "I'll see if I can get away." I smiled wider and nodded. "Here." She handed me the purple pendant necklace similar to hers the only difference being the colour. "I don't have long before she realises I'm not home." I nodded understanding I didn't want her to get in trouble my grandmother was an evil person. She loved her children but not her children as they were now, the kids she turned into 'monsters'. Dad said she wasn't my biggest fan either, she called me a monster, the devil's child on many occasions. But he always told me it was because I was too powerful for her to handle I liked to believe that. I didn't like the thought of being a monster... I loved who I was but I wasn't evil... I fought to survive not to kill.

"I love you buttercup." "Love you to Freya." She hugged me again. "Girls head back to the compound now." Bex told us. I was hesitant to leave. "Go on, I'll be okay." She encouraged us and we three headed back. We kept our heads low as we walked through the streets of a city I should have been able to call home if evilness didn't live here. 

I locked the gates to the compound and we waited. We read a lot of spells as we waited trying to find the best binding spell for the crystals to create a dagger to defeat Cade...again. We had one of them Damon and Bonnie was on the hunt for two more. And of course the stone from my tiara from my first ball as a very small infant. 

"What about this one?" Lizzie said showing Josie. "No it won't work, we need a special goblet for it see." I sighed. "This is hopeless." I say throwing my head back. I heard the gate rattling. Bex texted me 5 minutes ago saying she was meeting a friend and would be home for dinner. I put my finger against my lips. "Don't move." I say getting up quickly and going to the balcony, I hide behind a pillar to try and see who was at the gates. 

Kol? Davina? I walked out. "My darling niece! Open the gate." I flicked my wrist and unlocked it letting them in, who were followed by Nick. "Is it wise everyone being in th-" Thats my mum... I'm in so much shit. "Oh you're so grounded." "Hi mummy." I waved. I could hear the twins. "Why are you here?" She demanded. I locked the gate before coming down to the ground floor. "I need this." I hold out the necklace. "Mothers neckelace." Klaus says and I nod. "Why didn't you tell me I would have come with you. It's dangerous here." "Then why are you guys here?" "Good spell on the gate by the way." Kol said trying to deflect from my question. "We're going to kill mother." "Not anymore." Mum says. "And why ever not?" Klaus and mum never agreed on anything, aunty Bex said it's sexual tension I just think Klaus is often threatened by my mums ability to lead as people actually listen to her because she's right not because she's feared. "We're not putting my Childs life in danger." "She can help... She's stronger, the magic she has-"No" She cut Kol off. "We're leaving tomorrow morning, go ahead with your plan after, when my mum has driven me home." I say looking at her. "I don't want you to get hurt mum. So take us home." "Us?" "Ahh Wonder twins." Klaus said. "Hi Klaus." They say in unison. "Does Caroline know you're here." I shake my head. Josie runs through all the lies we told to get here.

"Car now." Mum pointed. "We just got here. I barley saw my old room." "It was never your room and this will never be your home." She said firmly. "I know." "And you ever lie to me again Isabella-Andrea." "I just need to get this done mum... it's important." "Look I know you want to protect them but if that means putting yourself in danger you don't do it alone." "I'm not alone. I'm with Aunty Bex and the twins." I was pushing her buttons. 

"Car." She pointed again. "Someones coming." I say getting the same chilling feeling from the cemetery. "Upstairs now." Mum told the three of us. "But." "Now Isabella." We listen and go to the back room and listen. "Who is it?" Josie asked. "I don't know... not a good person." I say. 

"YOU LET HER GO!" Klaus boomed. "Nick." Bex..."It's Esther, She has Bex." "Your treacherous sister of yours is suffering because you have been ungrateful swines." "Where the hell are you going?" Lizzie asked when I went to the balcony." "To set my aunt free... She was salve for years to my great aunt now she is one to her own mother... No... Not anymore. They can handle themselves. Freya is alone." Josie stands up with her coat. "What are you doing?" "Stronger together right." She said and I smiled softly. "We're already in trouble might as well do something heroic." 

We down shimming down the guttering to reach the floor. We than ran through the streets trying to remember the way to the cemetery. Freya had said Esther had been using a tomb there as her layer. So I was going there first. 

Josie pushed on the door. "It's not opening." "Move." Lizzie said trying herself to no avail. "FREYA!" I shouted. "FREYA!" No answer. She's here I can sense it. We joined forces and did a simple spell but in great volume to attack Esther spell and the rock door began to give in against our pushes. 

"Freya." I say running over to her, she was chained up, completely out of it, she's randomly jolting, I don't know what was happening. "They won't come off." Lizzie said repeatedly pulling at the iron chains. "It's a voodoo doll. Look for a doll." I said frantically wanting my aunt to be rid of the pain she was going through. She shouted out in pain. "Got it!" Josie said pulling down a doll hanging from he roof of the tomb and breaking the strings. I caught Freya as her body flopped. 

I woke her up with a spell. "Freya?" "Isabella what are you doing here?" She asked resting into me she was weak. I've never seen my aunt Freya weak before she's always the strong witch who was unstoppable. "Esther's at the compound she has Bex and mum, Klaus , Kol and Davina are all there." I say desperate.

"Hold my hands." She told us. "Repeat after me." We nodded taking each others hand forming a circle. "Do you have the necklace?" I nodded quickly taking it off and giving it to her but she told me to keep it. "You two know how to channel properly?" The twins nodded. "You channel me and you channel her." She instructed them. 

"Victus Phasmatis Ex Eleto, Revertas Phasmatis Ut Victus" She says "Victus Phasmatis Ex Eleto, Revertas Phasmatis Ut Victus" we copied and we began to repeat it. I focus my energy onto the compound to make sure that the spell would have a chance of working. The cemetery is like 20 minutes away from the compound which is a long way to send a spell as powerful as this. I could feel the power. "Victus Phasmatis Ex Eleto, Revertas Phasmatis Ut Victus" We kept going. Dust began to fall as the tomb shook. "Focus Isabella." Freya commanded. I got back into it pushing other thoughts out of my mind. Including 'my mum is going to murder me if we make it out alive.' And focused on the spell the way Freya taught me. If I really focus my magic is strong. So strong I can feel it running through my entire body. 

I stopped repeating the spell hearing a loud screeching noise in my head. I cup my ears. "Push it out Isabella it's Esther she knows you're coming. "I can't." I dropped to my knees it was too painful. "Think of your mum Bella... You need to pull it together to protect her."  I pushed through the pain taking Josie's and Freya's hands and getting back into the flow of the chant.

We keep going until I feel a hand on my shoulder I jumped in the flow of casting a spell. "Mum." She pulls me into her chest. "Whatever you guys did... Thank you." Davina says to us. I was still holding onto my mum. I was so scared I was going to lose her. "Strong girls... all of you." Freya says looking at the twins. "Wheres mother?" She asked. "We have her at the compound... We're going to transfer her to the school with Father." Bex says.