First Date?

Getting ready for the date was a high stress situation. Firstly he gave me an hour and a half to get ready. I had to shower, shave, hair, make-up and find an outfit.

I felt like I was just running around my room trying to pull myself together. Was I nervous? No, it was just Damon it's not like I was going out with a stranger on a blind date. I was more nervous about Care saying I wasn't allowed to go. Her and Damon have this weird thing going right now. Half the time she's shooting daggers at Damon when he talks to me the the other half she's sending him to 'deal' with me. I chose to ignore it.

I looked through my clothes and I couldn't decide on a dress. I couldn't call the twins because they were with their dad and they'd blow this hole situation out of proportion so I was stuck. I contemplated calling mum a few times. I was still mad at her though... But she would of had a good reason for leaving me... She was hurting I understand pain. I shouldn't be angry at her... But I'm her daughter and she should have stayed... But she's my mum and I should have listened.

I give in and FaceTime her on my laptop so it was easier to show her options. "Hi mum." I say softly into the camera. "Bella?" "Yeah." "Can we talk?" "I forgive you, you forgive me let's skip it." I say. "Okay... Is everything okay?" "Yeah. I have a date." Her eyes widened. "With?" "A boy." "Does this boy have a name?" "Yeah." "What's his Name Izzie?' "Not important right now... I need help picking a dress.' I moaned. "Okay? Where are you heading?" "Some place 'classy'" I said putting air quote around classy. "Okay so defiantly a dress... what options do you have with you?" "Not many, I left most of it at the school. Didn't think I'd need a dinner dress." I said standing up and gathering the dress options.

"I have 4 options but two I'm not keen on and then two I'm stuck between." She had me try them on and walk in front of the camera. She chose a black dress. it was actually one of the dresses I didn't want to wear turns out when it's on it was actually cute so note to self try ALL options on.

She stayed on the phone whilst I did my hair and make-up and it was nice to have my mum to talk to. I forgot about the drama and I didn't feel the need to ask why or bring it up with her. Our life is complicated and thats okay. "You look stunning baby." She said. "Are you crying. Ew stop." I said completely joking. "My little girl is all grown up... I can't believe it. It feels like yesterday when I first held you in our living room back in New Orleans." She said wiping her tears. "And now you're getting ready for a date looking like a beautiful young lady." "Well I get my looks from you." I remind her which made he smile.

"I'll come visit soon, meet this mystery boy." "You don't have to mum... I know it's hard." She nodded. "You're my little girl, I'd feel all the pain in the world to hold you." "Well I'll call you tomorrow and arrange a day when we can go out and get cupcakes." "Cupcakes?" "Cupcakes. And Milkshakes and chocolate.' She laughed. "you and your sweet tooth." I smiled showing my perfectly straight teeth thanks to braces in my early teens. "Love you." "Love you too mum." "Have fun on your date... tell him your mum will kill him if he hurts you.' She said with a sweet smile. "Will do." I laughed before blowing her a kiss.

I checked myself over in the mirror