Lies

"Why didn't you just tell him you wasn't going to the creek.' "It's Damon he would have never let me go." I say to Lizzie briefly looking at her as I drove. "But your moms call with it?" Josie asked from the back seat. "I mean she thinks I'm going to see bex." "And Bex is in on it?" "Bet is always in on it... We're actually going to pick her up." I say taking a right. "And our mom thinks we're where?" Lizzie asked "With your dad." "Dad thinks we're where?" Josie asked. "With our mum." "And if they decide to talk?" "They're in an argument right now, so they won't talk. And it's fine. We have Bex's with us so we have an 'adult' it'll be fine. Plus I'm 18... practically an adult."

"Let me get this straight." Lizzie says. "Everyone at home thinks you're at the creek with your mom." I nodded. "Which I was." "Until we came and picked you up and you told Our mom we're at dads and dad we're at mom's." I nodded. "And your Mom thinks you're aunty Bex picked you up but it was actually you we picked you up." I nodded again. "And Bex agreed to lie for you." "Yep." And now we're going to get bex and go to Freya in New Orleans to get your grandmothers necklace so you can use it against Cade." "Yes." "We're going to get our asses kicked." Josie said dramatically." "It'll be fine." "Fine! Have you ever even lied to your parents before?" "No, but my dads dead and my mum doesn't live with me so." "Ours does! And she can make our summer hell." "What besides the actual devil threatening to turn your step-dad and Damon into murder machines?" "Fair enough this is the lesser of two evils, but we're lying to everyone." Josie said. "Not everyone. Rebekah knows." Lizzie defended. 

I pulled up at a large house and then sent Aunty Bex a text to let her know I was outside. She was risking a lot coming with us. If Esther sees her her fate could be the same as my fathers and then he would have died for nothing. He died to protect his younger siblings so her coming with us could mean she was no longer protected... Though I don't plan on letting Esther hurt her, I will kill her before she gets to Bex. Bex is like my second mum she raised me along with Freya. I love them both terribly and I want to protect them the way they protected me. 

Bex came out and I claimed into the back with Josie. Bex was going to drive the rest of the way to New Orleans. She told us all the plan she had concocted with Freya over the passed few days. "And your mother has called me three times since you girls left." "She's a worrier I guess." "She seemed fine once I told her you was baking, and then you were in the changing rooms." "So we baked and shopped this weekend then." "Yes." I nodded taking a mental note so I didn't slip up if asked. 

We got to new Orleans and went to the compound where I was born. "Very well kept." I said sarcastically closing the gate behind me. "Well no one lives here Bella, it's not going to be the palace it used to be." "Mum said it was dump." I say looking around taking it all in. It was crazy to think that I was actually born here. "Well... it was but who is your mother to judge she lives in a mud town." "A creek." I defended. "And the difference is?" "Hey it's where my people are from." "Your people are royalty, we live like kings and queens." "Well my mum is a queen." "Not true, technically your mom holds no title anymore since you are Queen at best she'd be considered a princess." Josie informed me. 

"Se when is Freya meeting us?" I asked as we went into Klaus' painting studio, old paints were all dried out and the paintings dusty. "In about an hour, make yourself at home..." "Is this me?" I questioned seeing a painting pushed to the back of a baby in a women arms that looked similar to my mum. "Yes Nick painting it when Freya and I took you, to grieve or whatever." "I didn't die." I defended. "He was pretty good." "Yeah Unle Klaus was always painting something." "Sad you didn't inherit that trait." Lizzie teased and I nudged her. 

We walked to the cemetery to meet Freya. It was creepy and I didn't enjoy it. It was chilling and dark. There was so much pain here, so many witches dead and killed, it was hard for me to walk through, I kept my arms firmly wrapped around myself and stayed close to my aunt. The minute I saw Freya I felt warm, she had a light about her. She was smiling and I ran to her quickly embracing her in a hug. "I missed you too." She chuckled. "How you feeling?" "Better than last time I saw you." "All healed up?" I nodded pulling away from her.