February 13, 2021 (part2)

[A/N: Trigger warning: please read with care. Some content may be unhealthy for some readers.

PS. I used English language in this story to practice my vocabulary. Should you notice some grammar errors, I'm very willing to be corrected. Teehee.]

Story begins here:

~~~~

As a crowd was already gathered in my stepmom's room for moral support, I decided to go back home. And I made sure to buy lunch for everyone before I leave.

I took a bath while thinking of visiting Lily. The sun was beaming hot today that I decided to turn off the heater for the meantime.

I knew what my dad and stepmom told me are too much to absorb. I knew it would take time for me to accept it all, but atleast for now, I have heard their sides of the coin. And unlike before, today, I knew inside me that I'm willing to accept it little by little.

I wonder what will happen if I jumped that day, if Lily was not around, will I be able to know all of this? or will I die with regrets?

Maybe life really has something for me in store.

I took a bath longer today, my shower thoughts were just too many. I went off the bathroom and dry my hair as I picked my sando hoodie off the closet. I wore a short and a sneakers. Maybe I should get her some flowers?

I grabbed my phone to see three missed calls and one new message from Lily that reads, "Can you come here, now?"

My baby is missing me, huh?
I smiled as I put down my phone and tied my shoe lace.

I dashed to the empty taxi booth and waited for like 20 minutes but no taxi arrived. I decided to walk further in a mission to get any taxi along the way, but to no avail, there's just so little to none. Is everyone on day off?

Should I just walk for it? But the travel is one hour away when in cab, that must be fucking exhausting.

Just then, a God-sent taxi arrived in front of me that I immediately took. He was driving in speed that I suddenly had the urge to use the seatbelts.

And because of the driver's overspeeding, he was tamed down by a traffic enforcer only to know that the driver's license was already confiscated. It looked like a long conversation ahead so I decided to dropped off right then and there. Guess I'll only have a twenty-minute walk from here.

As I walk, once again, my phone buzzed, it was Lily, face-timing me. I swiped up the answer button grinning and saw her mother's face on the screen. My smile faded and my feet stopped moving as I saw what was going on.

"Lily, DJ is here..." Her mom tried to cheer her up with her shaky voice as she faced the screen to Lily. And Lily slowly opened her eyes to see me. She was lying down her bed with the oxygen mask on. She tried to smile at her best but only ended up with a weak one.

She was struggling to smile, maybe it is the same reason for her typo messages. Just what the hell happened?

"Lily had an attack early this morning and her heartbeat was continuously dropping now." Her mother explained, crying.

My heart was pounding seeing her pale face, still trying to communicate. I smiled at her through the screen and I can feel the sweat dripping down my neck.

"Hey, hold on Lily, okay? The surgery will be the day after tomorrow, so you just need to stay until then, okay?" My voice was disappearing but I tried to make it clear. I, too, was trying to smile but it turned to a sob. I started moving my feet, then it walked faster unintentionally, holding the phone up to see the screen.