February 9, 2021

[A/N: Trigger warning: please read with care. Some content may be unhealthy for some readers.

PS. I used English language in this story to practice my vocabulary. Should you notice some grammar errors, I'm very willing to be corrected. Teehee.]

Story begins here:

~~~~

February 9, 2021.

I walked my way to school from the same old routine I have. To describe myself, I maybe a head-turner guy in a college uniform acting like a royalty, wearing a gentle smile on his face and glows as brightly as the sun. But... no one really knows how I am under this deceiving looks.

Well, of course, except her.

I'm in front of the university gates and every steps became heavier. I would wish to just lie down on bed and curl up in a ball, but I'm sure dad will ask me why I'm not in school. It's better to attend school than to have a fake conversation with him, anyway.

I was not really paying attention to my surroundings and I almost don't care if students were looking at me. My mind is actually foggy as it wanders to who knows where when a girl running hurriedly from the side made her turn and seemed like will crash straight onto me, and its too late for the both of us to avoid.

Her books flew on different ways but eventually dropped down, scattered on the floor. Being in front of other people, my perfect side from the frontline did its job. But my asshole side was cursing, asking why I need to help her when it is all her fault.

I helped her pick up the books that would not fly if she only put those on her bag and I faced her smiling, pretending I'm concerned. I noticed she was wearing the same school uniform and most probably, running to come in.

"I'm sorry, are you hurt?" I asked as I handed over the last book I picked and looked at her. She has the familiar face I'm longing for.

Kimberly?

Why is she here, wearing our college uniform? I thought her mom told me she was home schooled? Is she well recovered? Why didn't she tell me?

She nodded.

"Why are you here?" I asked her. I have a lot of questions and I don't know where to start.

Startled, she answered, "You know me?"

I stared at her for about a minute before deciding to look away.

Now, I have a lot more question than before. -Like how come, after forcing me to be her first friend and after confessing and even after we almost kiss, she thinks I don't know her.

"I'm sorry, I'm in a bit of a hurry..." Then she dashed away.

As I removed my gaze from her, I saw the weirdest shit I have ever experienced. That girl in a manned body cooking from the burger shop looked like Kimberly. The guard on the gates is Kimberly as well. The children running on the pedestrian lane are all Kimberlys. I looked around and they were all Kimberlys. I'm fcking hallucinating.

Well atleast, that explained the girl from earlier, she was also a hallucination.

I chose to ditch school before I go insane with dealing with this Kimberly syndrome and pretending to be a perfect guy, both at the same time.

I went to my usual spot on the bridge and endured all the Kimberlys I encountered on the way here. Some bridge passersby were even giving me false hopes that they were the real ones. If only Kimberly can send me one message of her whereabouts.

If this keeps up, I'll go insane for real.

My body felt exhaustion even I did nothing. My mind was also sick from all the thinking. I decided to just go back home and rest.