Chapter 6

Paige with the twins, above.

Rain patted down on the night road, the headlights illuminating the area in front of the taxi. Finally, after 8 months of training and executing operations, I as coming home to my family, praying that Annabeth wouldn't kill me. Luckily, I was going home a day early, a C-17 had arrived earlier to pick us up, meaning an extra day of family time (I hoped).

I felt bad, I knew I should never hurt Annabeth or Paige, for that matter, and now just wanted to hug them and love them in his embrace and to protect them. I just wasn't sure how welcoming they would be to me, like he knew they were hurting pretty bad, but Annabeth would never admit that.

It was noon, so Paige would've just gone down to her nap and Annabeth would probably be having lunch now, by herself. That thought of her being alone made me feel even worse than I was now. The taxi pulled over, and I payed the driver before springing out the car. I silently praying that Annabeth was in a good mood, if so, maybe I might survive the next few minutes.

I ran towards the door, rapping my knuckles on the oak wood. A few seconds later, and still no answer, I went in.

"Anyone home?" I shouted into the empty house, but no voice replied. I ran upstairs, to be met with nothing. I checked every single room this house had, and still.. nothing. I ran downstairs to the kitchen, to put my stuff down. Dropping my bag down, I noticed a yellow sticky note with Annabeths writing on it. I frowned and looked at it.

Dear Percy,                                                                                                                                                                                 If you find this note, please know that I'm at the hospital, having OUR kid(s) but I guess you would not know, as you decided to leave us. If you've read this, our child would've already been born, so unless you got to go home early, then you now would've missed you own kids birth. What kind of father are you?

Annabeth 

Time of writing: 11:30am, Friday ,July 18th

What?, Annabeth was pregnant! with our kids! and by kids I mean two. I was worried for a moment it was someone else's kids. But don't pregnancies last 9 months? I've only been awat for 8 months?. This was a lot to take in, now Annabeth was pregnant! I put my hands on my head ad took deep breaths. 

Once I was sure, I wasn't going to be overwhelmed or hyperventilate, I checked my phone.

12:08

 'Friday July 18th'

Oh my gods! Annabeth went into labour, umm... 38 minutes ago. If I could get their quick enough, I might be able to get there. So, like a bullet, I shot into the our Mercedes, buckled in and slammed my foot down.

///

With the speed of an SR-71 Blackbird, I ran to the front desk, ignoring the 'No Running' signs that littered the floors. 

"Annabeth Chase," I rushed out, breathing rapidly.

"Relation and Name?" The old lady asked, as slow as a snail, like she had all day (she probably did).

"Husband, Percy Jackson." I said, slightly agitated. She looked down at her computer system, and stared at it for a bit.

"I'm only getting a Perseus Jackson," The pensioner dragged out.

"Goddammit woman! That's my name!". I gritted my teeth.

"Oh sorry, umm-Room 154 then." 

I sprinted off in the direction of the room, occasionally stopping to make sure I was heading the right way. Finally, I arrived at the room labelled, 'Room 154'. I was still in my military uniform, so I guess I gave everyone a bit of fright when I pretty much smashed the door open.