Prologue

Percy was not expecting a phone call about being in the military. He had once thought about but all those thoughts had been locked away when Paige was born, also, he was not sure how onboard Annabeth would be with the idea. Eight months away, yeah... he had given Annabeth a bit of a phobia over the phrase 'Eight months'. You might of been asking what Percy and Ares had conversed over on the phone? We'll lets just say it was not good. 

Ares had assigned him a quest but with a twist, he was supposed to be embedded with not the United States military, but the British military instead. Yes, he was to join the SAS. An 'Eight month' deployment with one goal - to kill a war lord responsible for deaths of hundreds and possibly in the future even more Afghan civilians. Poseidon had also joined in showing his support with the plan, saying it was a good opportunity to learn about the world Percy lived in and to see the true horrors of what mortals could do. The plan was carefully thought through, with Ares too trick the mist and make Percy an elite SAS trooper in about ten minutes where as normal recruits could take years of gruelling training to become one of these fine soldiers.

He was still stuck on the coach, pondering on whether or not to go through with this plan. Percy had plenty of reasons to not go, but there were also reasons TO go. Percy had seen it on the news and had been visibly distraught about this - he wanted to make a difference and his fatal flaw wasn't exactly cheering to stay at home. He was a hero and a leader, he could not just sit at home and let this happen now, could he?. His mind clashed back and forth, both trying to win over the other. After about ten minutes of this civil war. Percy had made his mind up, he knew it was the wrong decision but it was hurt a couple of people emotionally (Even though three of them were worth thousands of innocent lives to him) or save so many peoples lives. It was not the fame he would receive - he just wants to make a difference in a country's future, and alter its course to that of free, happy place as this now war - torn country was until maybe the 1950's.

Percy got up, took a deep breath and went over to Annabeth..... things were about to get interesting.