Chapter 3

The day was here. The day was fresh. Today was the day I was leaving. For war. No words could describe the feelings I had been feeling up till this day. Remorse, excitement, horror... It was all so messed up.

I had tried to block this day out of my head, scribbling it out on calendars, as if I was trying to time skip until I was back. With my luck, March 17th will be a day the world ends, a huge terrorist attack happens or even America gets invaded or becomes a colony of some European country I was about to work for (again). 

I had tried to spend as much time as I possibly could, playing and laughing with my daughter, because who knew?... I might never come back. I quickly pushed that thought to the back of my mind, wincing as if it caused physical pain. 

I climbed out of bed, the alarm blaring beside me. I made my way to my daughters room, it was 4am, I needed to leave in 30 minutes, I just wanted to see her again before I got dressed. Opening the door, I saw her sleeping peacefully, realising this, I slowly backed out the door to where I had came from.

I got dressed, pulling on my military uniform I had been given to by Ares, I pulled on my cap, the looked down on the etched-in label on my right side of my upper chest. 'Perseus Jackson - 22nd Special Air Service Regiment' I fought the tears, as I buckled up my boots.

I made my way the kitchen, gloomily pouring myself some cereal. I wasn't in the mood to bake something. Each time I lifted the spoon up, it felt heavy. This could be the last time I ate in this room, again I pushed it to the back of my head.

Once I was done, I trudged out of my seat. I needed to tell Annabeth that it was time for me to go. All that did, was bring back memories of a painful flashback. The flashback of when I told Paige that I was leaving for the army, last week.

I made my to to Paige's bedroom, we had just moved everything round a bit since she became a toddler. What I was about to tel; her was going to break her heart, after all she was a daddy's girl, and I really did not want to do it. 

A strong feeling in my chest, made my heart ache even more, I took a deep breath and opened the door to the room. Paige was happily playing with some of her toy's with Annabeth. Damn it. I just could not of picked a better time to tell her, could I?. Annabeh looked up at me and we shared a silent agreement. 

She had obviously just been taking pictures of Paige and posting them on Instagram, you would not believe how many followers she had from those pictures. I knew we were going to have to tell her now, there was no turning back now. 

"Paige baby," I urged her bending down on one knee.

"Daddy!," She squealed, toddling over and plopping down right next to me. I took her arms in mine and took a deep breath.

"Paige, I have something to tell you," I asked trying to not cry.

"Train?!!, am I going to get Trainy!," She said, excited. 

"No, I'm so sorry baby.," I took a deep breath and tried and failed to at least compose myself "I'm leaving for eight months, to go to the army. I leave next week, I'm so so sorry baby...."

"No, daddy stay here," She commanded, pouting and stomping her floor. She was not angry though, she was shocked and sad. She was crying.

"I'm so sorry baby, I wished I did not have to.....," I tried to explain but I was cut off by Paige wailing uncontrollably, hugging my leg, as if she would not let me go. Her chubby arms holding me like steel.

It hurt me to see her like this.It hurt so bad. I kissed her forehead and ran out the room as quickly as possible. I could not stand being in that room any longer. Soon, the door opened again, revealing Annabeth carrying the crying Paige on her hip. As she passed me, she muttered "Coward" and she was so right.

I stumbled into the wall, as I tried to angrily block the thought out. Nothing now, was going to stop the river's of tears spilling over me eyes like waterfalls. It hurt so bad. Mental pain was something worse than physical pain. Physical pain you could stop, but Mental pain was a whole lot worse.

The door opened to mine and Annabeth's huge, modern master bedroom but I wasn't going to start talking about that, no. I was going to tell Annabeth. I looked at the clock, 4:15am. I had 15 minutes to try and hold it together and leave he one place I felt the happiest. (Except my mum's and Camp - maybe the Sea as well). 

I gently shook Annabeth, her eyelids slowly opened. Seeing me in what I was wearing, her eye's shot open.

"Annabeth, I'm so sorry I....," but my voice broke, I couldn't control my body. it hurt that much.

"Well I guess it is time for you to leave?, Isn't it?, we'll I'm not going to open you back with open arms. In fact, if you leave the house. I'm... I'm going to change my name to Chase, and find someone new. I can't be with someone who is just going to leave his own family," 

She screamed this at me, but she was crying as well, and it hurt to see her like this. I really did not want to do it anymore but I knew I was going to have to. I hated my fatal flaw sometimes.

"Annabeth..,"

"No. Don't talk to me." I huffed. I made my way out of my room, and entered my daughters room. Where, likely, I would receive the same reaction. I was met with the sight of my daughter silently crying. She must of woken up by the commotion.

"Hello baby.." I was met with silence, I went over next to her and lifted her face up.

"Look, baby girl, I really do not want to do this but I have to. I love you so much, I want you to remember I was always love you and be your father, no matter what happens. I promise, and I don; intend to break that promise,"

She jumped out of bed, and hugged me. She placed a slobbery kiss on my cheek.

"I wuv you dadda," She told me, I hugged her as tight as I could. I then felt another pair of arms join the hug. Realising who it was, I hugged them even harder. The clock read 4:30am. It was time to leave.

I kissed their foreheads.

"I love, both of you so much. I promise,"

"Percy" Annabeth said "Walk out of that door, and your're abandoning your daughter and me. If you do, I wont stop at anything to do what I said."

I ignored her by hugging her tighter, kissing her forehead. I hugged them as a family in my daughters bedroom. I desperately tried to burn this memory into my mind, I did not want to leave but I knew I had to. So I broke the hug, Annabeth was shouting at me but I turned my head to block it out. My little girl was crying, so hard now, not silently, fighting tears, I closed the door.

And left.

A/N: That was heartbreaking to write, the next two chapters will be from when they are at war. One from Percy and the other in Annabeth's POV. The image at the top is a room, all the rooms in their house look like that. Now just imagine that was a female toddlers room and the BOOM!, you have Paige's room. Anyway, don't forget to comment any comments and remember to vote!

Thanks,

Bob

12/2/21 (I had been making this for day's)