1O

ASSHOLES !

CYNTHIA TAPPED HER steering wheel, listening to Gimme Love by Joji, playing from her iPhone to the radio. She mumbled the lyrics under her breath as she rode through the highway, on her way back to Nottingham.

After saying her goodbyes and eating breakfast with Wilbur, Cynthia found herself back on the road, bored out of her mind.

What seemed like hours, Cynthia pulled up to her apartment, and exited her car.

Someone peeked out the front door and opened the door, exclaiming, "Cynthia!"

She looked up and found her Welsh flatmate standing in their front door way, an apron tied around their waist. Her dark hair messily tied behind her head, stray hair strands giving off a childish look.

"Good afternoon to you too, Daisy," Cynthia said, walking up the pavement. "I didn't think you'd be home so soon."

The girl shrugged, a sheepish smile on her face. "I knew you were out so I thought I'd bake something before you got home but..." she gestured to the flour on her pale cheeks and blue frosting on her apron, "it obviously did not go as planned."

Cynthia snorted and walked into her apartment, setting her boots by the front door. Daisy followed closely behind and tugged briefly at the black hoodie her friend was wearing. "I don't remember you owning something like this," she said, "who's hoodie is it? Don't tell me you've already gotten a boyfriend in the short time I've been gone."

The older girl shook her head, a small smile on her face. "No way. It's Wilbur's, he gave it to me even though I had this," she admitted and held up the blue jumper. "Crazy, I tell you."

Daisy giggled and headed into the kitchen while Cynthia traveled into her own room. "I'm gonna drop this off and come back downstairs," she said to Daisy before heading into her bedroom.

Downstairs, while Cynthia briefly unpacked her bag and rested on her bed after the long ride home, Daisy was finishing up the blue-frosted cupcakes sitting on the counter. She hummed the melody to Make You Mine by Public, carefully painting on the frosting on the bare cakes.

Footsteps came down the stairs and Cynthia rounded the corner, still wearing the black hoodie. "Looks awesome," she commented, leaning against the counter.

Daisy smiled and bobbed her head. "Thanks," she mumbled before swiping one last glob of frosting onto the cakes and leaned back, wiping her forehead with the back of her hand. "And, they're finished."

Her friend softly clapped and smiled. "And I thought I could bake," said Cynthia, taking a closer look at the cupcakes.

They were regular cupcakes, blue frosting that looked like waves, and adorned with white sprinkles. Daisy smiled bashfully and thanked her. She took one, Cynthia following her lead. "Hell," Cynthia said after taking a bite of the tasty cake, "these are so good."