O3

ARCADE !

"ARE YOUR FRIENDS even coming?" asked Cynthia, leaning against the rail.

Tommy rolled his eyes at his sister. "It's only been twenty minutes, Cyn. Give it some time. Adults, y'know."

"Tom, I'm an adult."

He laughed, ignoring Cynthia's glare. "Listen, I'm messaging Big P and he said he's on his way."

"Big P?"

"Phil. Philza Minecraft."

Cynthia nodded understandingly. "Right, right," she mumbled.

The two had already driven out to Brighton, waiting on the beach for Tommy's older friends. Both Cynthia and Tommy were waiting near the railing that separated the pavement and the town from the beach itself. Tommy stated that he was texting Phil as he, the older man, kept Tommy updated about their whereabouts.

A new day meant a new outfit, though Tommy didn't look too different as he did yesterday. A similar pair of black shorts and the infamous red and white baseball-tee. Cynthia, on the other hand, wore a large cream T-shirt over black cargo pants, old brown Converse on her feet. The same crossbody purse ran along her torso as she rubbed the silver ring around her middle finger.

The digital clock on Cynthia's phone hit 9:00 AM and she glanced at her brother, an eyebrow raised. "You sure they aren't ditching you and you're just not aware of it?"

"They wouldn't do that," reasoned Tommy. "See, look." He handed his sister his phone and showed his direct messages between himself and Phil.

Cynthia cocked an eyebrow at a specific message that she read aloud. "'Pretty sure I just saw Vikkstar having a swim but will keep updated'?"

Tommy laughed, snatching his phone back. "Shove off, I was kidding."

"Uh-huh," said Cynthia, unconvinced. Then, her gaze traveled behind Tommy, catching the eyes of a tall guy, wearing a beige button up shirt and brown pants, glasses mounted on the bridge of his nose.

"Tom," she tapped her brother's shoulder and turned him around. "Your friends are here."

!

"YOU ARE SCARILY tall."

Wilbur snickered, a smile breaking onto his face. "Yeah? What happened to you going on about how you're 'six foot three'? Huh, Tommy?"

"Oh, piss off," he said angrily.

"Tom's definitely not that tall. At best, he's—"

The child elbowed his sister's side, shutting her up. "Oh, you little—" Cynthia yanked his hair and Tommy swatted her hand away.