O2

SEASIDE !

"TOM!" CYNTHIA CALLED from the other side of the door, knocking. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah, give me a minute!" He shouted back, snatching his phone off his desk and a pair of black socks from his dresser.

Cynthia nodded and headed downstairs, her black boots thumping on the wooden stairs. It was almost noon and Tommy wanted to head out earlier since it would take them a long time to get to Brighton. About four hours, is what their mother said.

Unlike her brother, Cynthia wore other things than one type of shirt that came in multiple colors. Today, she chose to wear a white collared shirt tucked into corduroy pants, a black belt tightened around her waist. A dark brown crossbody purse that held her money, phone, and other important belongings rested on her shoulder. The blonde woman tapped it rhythmically as she waited for her brother at the foot of the stairs.

"Are you guys leaving?" asked her mother as she came around the corner.

Cynthia gave her a thumbs up. "Yeah. Just waiting for Tom," she glanced up the staircase, "then we'll head out."

Her mother nodded. "Alright. Be safe and have fun. Make sure Tom doesn't get into any trouble," she added.

"What was that, Mum?" Tommy asked, jogging down the stairs. Cynthia noted the red shirt matched with the black shorts, along with the dark gray shoes.

"Nothing," Cynthia said quickly. "You ready?"

Tommy gave his sister and mother a skeptical look but nodded. "Yep." He shoved his hands into his shorts pockets.

"Okay, have fun!" Their mother patted each of their shoulders. "Tom, behave. Cynthia, make sure he behaves."

The blonde kid rolled his eyes but Cynthia nodded, smiling slightly. Their mother has been doing this since they were kids. Anytime the kids went out to the park or to the shopping centre, their mother would always tell Tommy to behave and Cynthia to watch over him. It was never was never anything different.

"Will do," the other sister said before following Tommy out the front door. The siblings said their goodbyes before shutting the door behind them.

!

ON THE HIGHWAY, Tommy pulled out his phone. Cynthia raised an eyebrow when he started filming himself and talking. "What are you doing?"

"Filming. Vlogging," he laughed awkwardly. "We're in the car," he went back to talking to the phone, "and then I'm gonna-I just thought—" Tommy stopped filming briefly, flipped the camera, and proceeded to film the road.

Cynthia just looked at him oddly. "I just thought I'd film it in case I do anything with this..." he explained to his sister. There were a few moments of silence before Tommy said, "Look at us go," and held up a thumb, showing the camera.