O1

VISITATION !

"AND WHERE ARE you going?" asked a voice from Cynthia's doorway.

The blonde girl turned and smiled at her roommate. "Well, hello to you too, Daisy. I thought you were already in Wales."

Daisy, who's real name was Cordelia, was Cynthia's apartment mate for a few weeks now. But, they had gotten along and clicked easily. The tall, dark-haired Welsh woman leaned against the door frame, smiling back at Cynthia. The morning sun poured into Cynthia's room and reflected off Daisy's green eyes, giving the impression that they were actually blue.

"I'm leaving tomorrow," she clarified. "Now, where are you going?"

Cynthia continued to fold her sweaters and replied without looking up. "Going to visit my family, stay for a few days. Also, I need to take Tom to Brighton to meet his friends." She shrugged, carefully tucking the dark olive green sweater into her bag.

The dark-haired woman just nodded and unstuck herself from the door frame, shoving her hands into the baggy black hoodie she was wearing. "D'ya know what day you'll be back?"

Cynthia just shook her head and moved to her dresser, flipping through her pants options. "Dunno. I'll stay there for maybe a week or two. I have to take Tom out on Thursday, if that counts for anything."

Daisy nodded and got up from her bed. "Are you leaving today?"

Her roommate glanced at the analog clock in her room. It was about 10 in the morning. Maybe, give or take, she would take about 30 more minutes to pack. No sense in waiting another day to visit her parents. "Yeah, maybe later in the afternoon."

Daisy gave her a thumbs up and said, "Okay. I'll see you then," before exiting her room, shutting the door behind her.

As Cynthia predicted, it took her about 30 minutes to finish packing her things in a black bag. Clothes, everything for hygiene, her tech things, and anything else she would need. Yeah, that was about it.

Just then, someone called her. Her ringtone, Cut Your Bangs by Radiator Hospital, blared from her phone and Cynthia quickly snatched it up.

"Hello?" Cynthia paused, waiting for the person at the other end of the phone to speak. "Yes, Tom." She sighed. "I'm on my way. Just wait, you impatient little gremlin."

!

CYNTHIA COLLECTED HER items and said her goodbyes to Daisy. "Stay safe, love. Also, have fun," she added with a smile. "Make sure to bring something back for me."

The blonde girl rolled her eyes and nodded. "Of course, of course," she said sarcastically. "Whatever you want, Daisy."

Daisy's smile widened and she ruffled the girl's hair, making Cynthia cringe away from her best friend. "Okay, okay," Daisy made a shoo-ing motion with her hands. "Get out of here, go have fun with your family. Love you."