he was also a terrible liar.

cadie and cam (a horribly sung song typically sung by lilly) both hated border patrol. but today, cam couldn't use his excuse again. and he was sent to border patrol. thank the gods cadie wasn't.

for most of the morning, she'd been off in the forest, playing a few pieces on her celestial bronze flute. she wasn't much of a 'fighter' which her set of weapons clearly showed. what was her weapon, i hear none of you ask? car keys.

well, not really. more so, enchanted car keys that morphed into a few setting options. they doubled as keys to her car too (we'll get back to the whole thirteen-year-old owning a car shortly). she had a few options for weapons, a flute (her most used one) used usually to play songs that had magic mixed in them (pro tip, never ask her to play hold back the river. the canoe lake was dried up for days), a piccolo (basically a baby flute), a fiddle (don't ask. the fiddle comes out on rare occasions) and a sword (her least used weapon).

after her morning fiasco of lilly (or lilian as they called them when teasing them) spooking her and causing her to play a 'c' sharp instead of an 'e' flat (which by the way, caused a rock to explode), she had put her flute back into car key form and hooked it around a loop of her shorts. she wore her camp half-blood t-shirt reluctantly for the whole day, itching to run back to her cabin and grab her ipod (which the hephaestus kids had tampered with to hopefully throw off monsters) and plug in her earphones and drown out the world.

she didn't end up doing this. and as she was about to walk to her cabin to actually get said ipod, a gust of wind caused her hair to fly into her face. she pushed her wavy brown hair out of her eyes and mouth before frowning in the direction of the wind.

which wasn't actually wind. but lilly. as a hermes kid, you'd think the mischief and unluckiness for the whole camp would stop at the stoll brothers having amazing gambling skills. when really, the cherry on top was lilian's speedy powers.

"i told you to stop doing that lilly!" complained cadie, "i thought we were on the agreement no running and i won't, you know, charm your whole cabin to-"

"it's important," interrupted lilly, "i mean it this time, cadie. no travis and conner prank. border patrol."

"you're not making me go there, are you?" whined cadie, grabbing onto her taller best friend's arm and shaking it, "please lilly, you know i hate border patrol! those big ares kid's scare me!"

"well cam is one of those stupid fucks," grumbled lilly, "and currently his leg is being used as a chew toy against a couple of bronze cows. i think they're playing piggy-in-the-middle with it."

"cows?"

"well, bulls, actually. but, same thing," muttered lilly before patting her back, "c'mon."

"i hate your piggy-backs!" complained cadie.

"suck it up, band geek."

mythologically speaking, cadie now hated bulls. no offence to normal bulls, but she hated the colchis bulls with a burning passion. lilly and her and literally zoomed across most of camp to where the chaos was taking place. cam was currently hopping on one leg, swearing vehemently at one of the bronze bulls, yelling, "give me my leg back you fucker!"

the bronze bull proceeded to throw the prosthetic leg currently in it's mouth off the side of the hill. down below.

"oh for fuck sake!" yelled cam, before adding, "anybody got a timer? one minute and that leg should return back!"

the rest of the campers there ignored him, and his siblings sent shouts of apologies before they formed a phalanx formation. cadie didn't know if this was a good ida or not, but judging by cam's face, it probably was. there were around three colchis bulls, running around and causing complete havoc.