Chapter 57: Old Habits Die Hard

Start from the beginning

       "Nice to see that you're still around, Jungkook... I thought you died without us even getting a chance to say goodbye," Hoseok joked and let out a chuckle. "Ah, who am I kidding, if anything, Seokjin and I would be the first ones to go before you..." Hoseok whispered and looked away as Jungkook sat in front of him on the couch, across from the weak man.

      "Don't say that anymore... you'll be set free... everyone will be set free soon... just not me," Jungkook whispered and leaned in to rub his hand over his face and try to silence his mind for the many whispers begging for a drink already. "Even if everyone here is free including me, I will still feel held back and trapped in my own mind by him..."

      "What do you mean by that? Has Jimin told you that-"

       "No... I haven't spoken with him since last night and I have to admit it, I forgot the whole idea of setting you all free... I was so busy with my head in the clouds, I didn't realize the pain everyone else was going through," Jungkook whispered and covered his face right after. Becoming ashamed of having to confess such a thing when in reality, it was the truth. He was so focused on Jimin, he didn't care about anyone else but the man he loved. Leaving everyone out to suffer when he could have easily slipped into Jimin's mind to let everyone go. "I feel so horrible..."

      "Don't be, we get it... you're in love, he's in love, this could still work out for everyone if-"

       "I'm in love with him... he's in love with another... this can't work out... not when he's still in love with someone who died many, many, years ago!" Jungkook confessed and began to dry the tears that raced from his face. "I can't believe I was so blind! Blinded by everything to the point where I believed he was perfect... oh god... I made him perfect...didn't I?"

       "Jungkook...."

        "I made him perfect in my mind... despite the blood of an innocent person dripping from his mouth, despite his tendency to call me 'Hyunwon' every moment... despite the way he tended to replace me with a dead man!" Jungkook tried his best not to cry, but the tears just kept running down his face.

       At that moment, Hoseok looked over at Seokjin and back at the boy. Surprised that Seokjin was right about choosing such a plan. Only now, they hoped to see how far this was going to play out now. All they did was listen to the broken boy and offer their words to him at such a time.

       "I read... I read the first few entries to his journal... and I regret it so much! I regret it so fucking much..." Jungkook cried and looked up at Hoseok. "I couldn't read anymore... I couldn't read any further when I knew all those pages were written for Hyunwon but never me!" Jungkook went on as Seokjin softly placed his hands over the boy's shoulders carefully to offer his comfort. "I... I need... I need to drink something... anything, please!"

        "Jungkook, that's not the best idea for you... don't run away from your problems..." Hoseok whispered and leaned forward to look at the boy while Seokjin softly patted his back gently.

       "He's right, Jungkook... drinking away a problem like this won't change the situation or change the way Jimin sees you..." Seokjin continued and tilted his head to see the side of the younger's face carefully. "If anything, you'll need to confront him about this..."

        "I can't... I don't want nothing to do with him right now!"

        "If you choose not to do anything, you'll be stuck here with us for an eternity. If you choose not to confront him, he will come to you eventually and that's something we don't want him to do. To come up here and harm Hoseok again. If you're done and choose to run away from Park Jimin too..." Seokjin mentioned and trailed off to hear Jungkook sniffle and exhale right after. "Then, you'll have to help us leave this place for once and for all. If you can do this, you too can run away. But just know that I'm not telling you what to do. You have two choices here, confront him about these issues, or to run away with us... but that second choice won't come by so easily."

       "W-What do you mean?"

       "Knowing you, I don't think you would ever resort to killing him in order to escape, but at the same time, I don't think confrontation is your best bet either. It's up to you to choose what to do now.... Are you going to stay here and put us all at risk, confront him... or... finish him off to save us all?"

       At that very moment  the room went silent, even at such a time like this, Jungkook's breathing hitched as he listened to the words. Not understanding anything but he tried to make sense in his mind without the alcohol to numb him out. Concurrently, the three remained within the hotel room, Jimin stood right out that door, listening in on every word they spoke. Including Jungkook's words from the moment he began to cry to Hoseok and Seokjin.