Chapter 31: Crave

Jungkook's eyes remained glued onto the raven mask. The way it beamed with rubies and gems attached to every fold of the eye holes and nose bridge, entranced him every second. But there Jungkook remained, speechless, helpless... he couldn't help but to sit there and think about the innocent smile Jimin would have when he described the night he looked forward to. When in reality, it was going to be his last.

"Your little raven... why does that name seem so off to me yet, so fitting?" Jungkook wondered as Jimin approached him with the black suit and the raven mask before setting it onto the nightstand right by the bed.

"I'm sorry... I know you don't want to attend the ball, but I'll be more than happy to see you there, Jungkook. It's just one dance we'll share and after you can return to this room. You don't have to remain there for so long!"

"I... I... we... we can dance together right here! We don't need to be out there at the ball," Jungkook continued but Jimin only chuckled and shook his head before cupping the boys face carefully. Wrapping his gentle hands along Jungkook's pale face and cupping it so perfectly within his gloved hands. For just that moment, Jungkook felt safe and at ease when Jimin's hands touched his face.

"Jungkook... there's nothing to be afraid of, what are you hiding from me?~" Jimin whispered softly. Caressing the boy's skin with his thumbs. "I don't bite, unless you want me to~ so, tell me if there's anything bothering you."

"Nothing, there's nothing bothering me!" Jungkook replied anxiously but Jimin only took a look into the boy's eyes and tilted his head in silence. Gazing into his eyes as if he could read his own mind.

"Nothing...? Promise me nothing is on your mind. You know I hate it when you tend to hold things in. We've discussed that it wasn't a good tactic in handling your issues.."

"I... I promise..." the helpless lamb answered and with that, the corners of Jimin's plump lips curled into a smile as he brought the boy into a close hug. With just a gentle embrace, Jungkook closed his eyes and longed to lose himself in the moment. He longed to forget in Jimin's arms and it worked, but only for that warm and caring moment where he felt safe.

"I'm so glad you can be honest with me, Jungkook!" Jimin added on. Unknowingly carrying a bland face into the hug while the hue of his eyes grew red. "I want nothing more than your honesty... Do you understand me, Jungkook?" The man whispered as his glare deepened over Jungkook's weak shoulders. Jimin suddenly began to receive a bitter feeling; a bitter feeling that caused an itch to race down his cold spine from the boy's promise. Jimin wanted to know something Jungkook hid so desperately about the ball.

"I... I understand..." Jungkook stuttered. Carefully, Jungkook slid his hands up Jimin's back and latched onto his shoulder blades. "Jimin... will you leave again for today?"

"Curious, aren't you? You must be lonely then... right?" Jimin whispered and raised a brow at Jungkook's question. No longer keeping a cheery smile over his naive face. He was now curious about what Jungkook hid from him. "Just tell me... tell me you long for me to stay and I will stay with you for the night. I did say I had time."

"Don't put it like that... I just get lonely, that's all!" Jungkook replied, turning red as he felt Jimin breaking away from the hug. Nervously, he clung onto the man and held him longer in his arms. Desperately longing to feel safe again while Jimin looked down and made a smirk.

"I've asked you before and I'll ask it again, are you alright? You're hugging me longer than usual... is this friendly to you?"

"I feel safer... being held like this... if you don't feel comfortable, I'm sorry!" Jungkook replied and instantly let go of the man. Right there, Jimin looked at the boy carefully as he gazed into his eyes. "So... will you stay here with me? You know you're the only person I have here..."