"Manik.."

"What were you doing?"

"Voh kitchen mei.." before she could complete her sentence, Manik picked her in his arms and moved towards their room. Nandini gasped.

"Manik! What are you doing? Mujhe niche utaariye. Papa hai garpe. Unhone dekh liya toh? Kya sochenge.." said Nandini looking here and there. Manik shrugged.

"Yahi sochenge ki unka damad unke beti ka kitna khayal rakhta hai. Ussey kitna pyaa.." Nandini immediately looked at him while he stopped in mid realizing what he was about to say. Stupid Manik! You can not confess like this. Huhh! Manik scolded himself in mind and looked at Nandini before changing the topic while placing her on bed.

"Ahh, voh sab chodo. You are resting here till I come back. Dare not to put your leg on floor. Take your medicine and have a proper sleep. I will be back in sometime then will wake you up." Said Manik strictly.

"But Manik, I am fine now. Just little stomachache and it's normal. Papa bhi hai gharpe aur main aise kaise.." Nandini protested. Manik glared at her.

"Ekdam chup. Not a word more. Papa jab ja rahe honge tab utha dunga tumhe. Abhi no nakhre. Here, take these medicines and lay down." Said Manik giving her medicine and water. She gulped it with an angry pout.

"Monster!" She muttered. Manik narrowed his eyes.

"I heard that. Now lay down and close your eyes." Nandini made faces and lay down with puffed cheeks while closing her eyes. Manik smiled and moved near her.

He placed soft kisses on her both cheeks and forehead. Nandini smiled in content and looked at him opening her eyes. Manik smiled at her and closed her eyes by his palm.

"Sleep jaan. You need it." Saying this he closed the curtains and left the room.

_________________

"Yes Manik, say what you wanted to ask? What suggestions you need? Any problematic deal or.." Manik cuts Ritesh in a mid.

"It's not about business, Papa. It's about, Nandini." Said Manik directly coming to the point. Ritesh got confused.

"Nandini? What about her?" Manik took a deep breathe before speaking.

"She had a panic attack. Yesterday night." Ritesh was shocked hearing him. He held nearby chair for support.

"Papa.."

"Pa..panic attack? A..again..??" Asked Ritesh with shivering voice. Manik was immediately beside him.

"What do you mean by again? Pehle bhi.. pehle bhi usey aisa attack aaya tha? Boliye papa?" Asked Manik worriedly. Ritesh closed his eyes in pain and shook his head.

"Please papa. You need to speak up. Tell me everything about it. It's my right. I should know each thing related to my wife's health. It's my duty to protect her, to take care of her. To make sure of her safety. If I will be in dark about her past, her suffering then how will I do all this?" Manik poured his heart out. Ritesh looked at him proudly and patted his back.

"I am proud to say that I chose you for my princess, Manik. You're the perfect life partner for her. And don't worry, I am sure you will protect her and take care of her with all your strength which I failed to do. I couldn't be a good father, Manik. I failed to protect my daughter, my princess. I failed to protect her from that incident which left deep scar on her mind and heart." Manik's heart thudded in his chest and he felt sudden fear engulfing him. He was scared to hear her painful past. Ritesh started speaking-

"Four years back, I was out of town due to office work. It was rainy days. Nandini along with Ishani & Rishab were at home. She was 21 years old that time. She wasn't doing well. She was having a small wound near her chest area.."