|FOURTEEN|

I just might be a hoe
For real for real
What am I missin'?
Always takin' L's every time I got with a nigga
That just don't waste a day gone
What am I missin'?
Seems like you gain more from a sugar daddy or a drug dealer - Summer Walker

Cassia Chase•
"Cas"

"This shit about to be fun. And I ain't letting nobody ruin your first vacation for you." Keisha says planting a kiss on my cheek. I laugh shoving her away the both of us laughing as we link arms walking through the airport.

After going through checking, bagging and a lot of pat downs we're finally on the plane. I watch as Malik, Nas, Ronda and Patience all walk down the aisle heading for their seats. "Coco?" Malik's eyes buck when he sees me.

I just smile up at him narrowing my eyes. "Malik."

"You coming?" He questions in confusion. I think back to last night when he came home drunk trying to fall asleep with me. It took a lot for me to brush him aside even though I really wanted him to hold me. But after my talk with Carson so much came clear. And after my even longer talk with Keisha it got even more crystal clear. I decided to come on this trip so I could see what it is right in front of me. No more running or hiding from it or trying to convince myself he really doesn't want her. I need to start being fully honest with myself. About everything starting with Malik.

"I thought it'd be a good idea to invite her that way we can all do some bonding." Patience says smiling innocent and happily.

I watch Malik's face fill with worry. That makes my smile widen. "Is that a issue?"

He shakes his head. "Nah the more people the better." He mumbles walking off to take his seat. They all go take it leaving me and Keisha by ourselves.

I sigh tossing my head back. "Hopefully this goes well."

• • • •

"It's so beautiful and the view. Oh my god!" She exclaims pulling the curtains back. A whole view of the ocean, trees, resorts and people and children on the sand. The sky a yellow and blue mix that's actually breathtaking.

I sigh laying on my back. "Romantic." I say lowly.

"You've got it bad," Keisha laughs flopping down on the bed causing my body to bounce a little. "You can't let him ruin this for you."

"I bet they fuckin' right now." I mumble.

"Fuck them! Fuck Malik and his childish ass ways! Let's talk about something else," she changes the subject. "Ouu! Let's talk about Carson."

"DC?"

"DC?" She mocks. "Girl yes DC your future husband."

I giggle shaking my head. "He is not my future husband. We're just friends, barely that." I deny.

"Old friends who spend hours talking. You really mean to tell me y'all ain't kiss."

"We didn't." I laugh.

"Put that on something?"

I sigh running a hand through my hair. "We almost. But that was it, he tried to but I didn't let him."

She frowns. "You mean to tell me you didn't let Carson fine ass Jr soon to be NFL quarterback bringing in bank, respect women never played a girl in his life don't smoke only drinks sometimes DC give you a kiss? But you let Malik washed up football player thugged out ass Malik Kades hit?" She questions laughing hysterically.

I sit up hitting her in the arm. "Stop it!" I yell at her.

She raises her hands in defense. "I'm just saying. Maybe the real reason you feel so connected to Malik and he feels connected to you is because y'all both causes a pain in eachothers lives at some point so y'all think y'all owe it to eachother to make it work."