|EIGHT|

Cassia Chase•
"Cas"

I feel myself hyperventilating. Blood covering my hands and all over Carson's clothes that I'm wearing.

I should've known that this would happen eventually. All I did was stop at home to pick up some clothes when Malik showed up at the door. I tried my best to get him to leave but once he saw Angel he wouldn't go. If only he would've listened to me. The last thing I wanted was him to get shot and all I keep thinking of is what if he's dead.

Even after everything that happened I never and I mean NEVER wanted him gone.

"They gone come for us." My dad says in a panicked tone. "It's gone be a big ass war. Call some of the niggas we know in Harlem. Shit just got real."

"We ready for whatever." Kicks replies.

I finally look up from my shaking hands that are covered in his half dried and half not blood. "Let me out." I say lowly. They continue to talk ignoring me. "I said let me out."

"We ain't letting you out of shit." My dad shakes his head.

"Let me out." I repeat myself kicking the back of his seat.

"Why?" Angel questions.

"So you can go check on that nigga? You'd be a dead bitch walking Cassia. Best believe they got a hit on ya head."

I shake my head banging my hand against the window. "Let me the fuck out! Let me out!" I scream at him.

"Ight fine." He stops the car unlocking the doors.

"You really gone let her leave?" Angel asks in confusion.

"If she wanna go let her go."

And I do just that hopping out I go to the only person I know can help me.

Carson.

Malik Chase•
"Leek"

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I try to clear my throat but I barely can, it hurts as does most of my body. Luckily the pain meds and the anesthesia left over from when I went under for surgery makes most of the pain tolerable and barely there.

Doctors told me that when they found me I barely had a pulse and the bullet was a few inches away from my heart. I could've died.

I close my eyes listening as the doctor explains everything to the best of his ability. "When we found you the bullet was close to traveling through your body. Normally removing a bullet from the shoulder blade is a risky procedure especially since depending on how the surgery goes you could end up paralyzed on your entire left side. We were left with no choice since the longer we left it the more at a risk you'd be of bleeding out and dying."

"What? What do you mean? How could you make a call like that without our opinion?" Kades rages at the doctor.

The doctor jumps slightly. "Sir with all due respect it was either that or he bled to death. We couldn't stop the bleeding without removing the bullet. It would've continued to travel and led to internal bleeding."

When my voice comes out it's raspy and hoarse. "D-does that mean I can't play football?" I look over my body filling with fear as I look at my throwing arm that's wrapped up and bandaged. I can't play football without my left arm and not only is that the arm I throw with it's also the arm I write with. Without it I'm useless.

"I'm sorry but there's no way of knowing...as of now from a doctor stand point I don't think you'll be able to play again. But miracles are possible." He says with a hopeful tone.