|TWO|

Cassia Chase•
"Cas"

"Cas shits crazy out here it's trees breaking and most cars won't even last on the roads. I know mine won't. Can you come get us?" Angel asks my dad while he's on speaker phone.

I look around and back at the house trying to make sure nobody sees us talking. "I can come get you. If Malik is there Coco staying." He replies.

"Are you serious?" I ask scrunching my face up.

Angel from the looks of it doesn't like that. "Cas it's bad out here and I'm not just going to leave her here with some random niggas."

"How they random and he's your friend right?" Those words cause Kicks to go silent. "And Cassia what you think that babysitting his lil sister here and there is going to get you close to the family? Won't nothing get you closer than being with Malik."

My voice comes out low but loud enough for him to hear. "What do you mean close?"

"I mean do whatever you got to do to get in close with that family. Let me know if you find a way home. Angel I'm on my way." And with that he hangs up.

I shake my head looking back at the house. "Coco I'm sorry." Angel apologizes.

I scoff. "It's all good." I lie.

He basically just told me to make moves on Malik just to follow through with the plan. And this all leads back to what I said earlier. Malik has a good life and a good family who loves him. As far as I see it my dad would sell me off if it meant getting back at the them. He basically just did. And sometimes I feel bad for Malik because nobody in his life is real. I mean yeah his family is but him and Kicks have been friends for a while and he's just apart of this if not more than me.

I walk inside of the house listening as Malik talks to Ricky a guy who hosted the party. I hear what their talking about mid conversation. "Guess you stuck here." I hear Ricky respond to something Malik said.

"I guess we're stuck here." I enter their conversation.

"Awl shit. I saw y'all all booed up and shit, and she rockin' the jacket? Is it sum you not tellin' me?" Ricky asks looking at us suspiciously.

"Nah it ain't nothing," Malik says instantly. "She babysit my sister."

I roll my eyes taking a seat beside Ricky who doesn't look convinced. "Besides he's not my type."

Ricky places his hand over his mouth laughing. "Oh word? She said you not her type."

"I heard her." Malik smirks. "She definitely ain't my type either." Our eyes are trained on each other and his roam my body. I can't act like he's not my type because I think Malik is just about anybody's type. His smooth chocolate skin, his thick build and muscles, his plump lips, his pretty brown eyes, and those golds he be wearing.

The man is fine as hell. That's undeniable.

"Good," my voice is soft and I bite down on my bottom lip. "Why don't you come over here then?"

"Welllllllll.....I'm about to go upstairs. Make sure the door is locked and if the power go out I don't know what to tell y'all motherfuckas." Ricky says awkwardly standing up. "It's still some drinks left in the kitchen if y'all want em."

We both just nod and once Ricky is gone Malik does like I said and comes over taking a seat beside me. "You wanna drink?" I ask him.

He shakes his head. "Nah I don't drink."

"Your game is canceled so you can have one drink." I try and convince him. Maybe it'll help him loosen up a little bit. And tell me more.

Malik's eyes meet mine causing me to freeze. "I ain't one of them niggas you can turn your little seduction on with and pressure them into doing shit. I said I don't drink I don't drink."