~

   Today feels like a dream.

I didn't think my day could get any better, but once I pulled into my driveway to see a familiar vehicle parked outside the house, it really did get better.

Putting the car in park and jumping out as fast as I could, I look over at the vacant car outside before looking towards the front porch where two people are sitting down on the steps leading to the front door.

Having seen my car clearly drive onto the property, the two boys are already looking at me and stand up as I now am in front of them.

"Thought you'd never fucking come back home." Louis bickers and turns around to grab a bag off of the steps next to where he was previously seated.

"We were seriously contemplating breaking in through a window." Zayn laughs and pulls me into him for a hug to which I gladly reciprocate, wrapping my arms around him.

"There's a key under the mat."

"No there's fucking not we checked." Louis counters back to my lie and I just laugh.

He holds me for a little longer than he usually does and I get the feeling he really needed a proper hug. My face presses against his black shirt that's revealed through his opened grey jacket. Once we pull away from each other I give him the happiest smile I can, stepping back to look at a very impatient Louis.

"How long have you two been here?"

"Way too long." Louis stares me down.

I toss my keys at Louis who catches them and immediately walks to the front door, unlocks it and leaves it open as he walks inside. "Okay, now how long were you two actually waiting?" I ask Zayn as we both enter the house.

"Eighteen minutes but Lou is a drama queen and made it seem like eighteen months." he rolls his eyes and takes off his shoes, leaving them at the door right next to Louis' adidas. I swear adidas should sponsor that kid.

   I see Louis' bag on the bottom stair right next to where Zayn goes to rest his. Where are they going? As I walk through the house, Zayn follows me into the kitchen where I open up the fridge to get some water because I don't think I've actually drank any since lunch.

"How was work?" Zayn hops on the counter next to the fridge where I stand. I swear none of them know how to use chairs when they come over.

Ever since the article with my interview got published, more people have been able to see my work. Some of these people being A-list celebrities, like Emma fucking Watson.

I smile, knowing he'll love what I'm about to tell him. "It was good. Started off kind of slow but then my one o'clock came, turned out to be Emma Watson of all people so you know did the usual and then saw some more clients before leaving." I state casually and turn away from him.

"You met Emma Watson?" Zayn asks from behind me, his voice sounding disbelieved.

"Mhm." I look through a cupboard to find the bag of tortilla chips I bought a couple days ago.

"That's sick." he states. I turn around having found the bag and look at him with a smile plastered on his face. Moving to the fridge again, I take out the container of humus because I feel way too lazy to cook an actual meal for dinner. "Have you told Liam?"

"Not yet but-" I cut my sentence off and take a bite of the chip I just dipped in the humus, the taste of garlic taking over my tongue.

"He's going to be jealous." Zayn validly points out.