Real pebble vs Artificial diamond - Part 2

Ishaani's POV:

'Aunty you cannot do that...Dev uncle will not let you... please' I tried convincing Malvika but she was hell-bent.

'Malu please...Look...you are my only hope'

'Aunty...you are getting old. At this age this.... aunty please...you want someone to do it...Fine...ask Kruthi to do it.. she's Neiv's would be wife right...ask her'

And after thinking for a while I thought about it and nodded saying ..
'Yup... Fine...I'll talk to Kruthi about it'

And I went to dial Kruthi... although it was late night...I really wanted to talk to her...

She didn't pick my call initially, but finally after a few rings she picked and I could hear loud music in the background. Was she like partying???

After sometime I heard her voice clearly..
'Yes Mummyji... Tell me' she said

'Kruthi can you come home right now? I wanted to talk to you...'

But she outright denied me saying she was at a shoot and cannot come now.

I tried convincing her but she sounded reluctant. Finally she told me she will meet me up in office tomorrow.

I wasn't understanding the sudden change in her behaviour but finally I was meeting her up.

***
'This.... this... aunty this....is impossible
.. I'm a supermodel..with this I'll have bruised legs... And to add on the temple has 1000 steps...you have got to be kidding me...who does that?' she outright denied me...

While I was still trying to convince her while sitting in the office cafeteria.

'Its my belief Kruthi... Neiv was born to us and I was also safe only after Dev observed a 'Nirjal Nirahar (no water no food) fast for 21 Mondays and climbing the temple stairs on his knees and getting the water from the holy pond to worship lord Shiva...it's my belief Kruthi... and you are going to marry him..so...you know'

To which Kruthi got up in one go saying..
'Aunty... I know your beliefs..but I must also consider my health...I don't think I can do all that'

'Kruthi I'm not asking you to climb thousand stairs, just 21 stairs and fast with fruits and milk... please agree to it...It's a miraculous temple... And you never know Neiv may cure soon'

To which she chuckled and that irked me as I was pretty serious here and she was thinking this as a joke.

'Aunty...look I really love Neiv...but that leg...I doubt if it can ever cure a 💯 ....so you know...I'm... sorry...but yeah...my prayers are with him...ummm...well I'll take your leave now aunty... actually only 2 more days are left for the wedding I must hurry on my wedding jewellery and lehenga now...So ..see you day after' saying she left without waiting for my response and I was shocked...

Tears were flowing out of my eyes...I was feeling heavy while i felt a glass of Orange juice was lipped to my mouth and I looked at the person and it was Chaahat..

'Please drink aunty... you have BP issues... please don't exert yourself' she said

While I saw her eyes spoke volumes but next minute she went to the coffee counter, picked it up and left!!!

Every passing minute made me feel if I was going wrong!!!

Malvika's POV:

Neiv kept looking at me in a state of shock when I gave him one tight slap and he didn't understand where that came from...

'This slap you deserved 3.5 yrs back too...I curse myself for not slapping you then...how can you repeat the same stupidity again that too with a wrong woman??? You wanna marry that gold digger bitch to satisfy your ego Neiv??? Marriage is a week ..in three days...two days... fucking joke this is???
You are denying this marriage now!!! Get that???' I was fuming since Vansh told me about my bestie's new wedding adventure.

But he still was tight lipped I didn't know what to do...I stormed outside the house and saw Ishu aunty back from office who looked sad and in a state of Trans...

'Aunty...you ok'

'She denied Malu...I'm planning to do it myself'

'No aunty please...for god's sake no...I'll talk to Kruthi'..

'What will you talk Malu and to whom??? Ishu's perfect chosen daughter in law who asked me for a security amount and a portion of shares and property in order to marry my Neiv!!!

Do you know what her parents and she said??

She wants assurance to marry Neiv with 50 percent of Neiv's property transfer to be done on her name because according to her my son is ....handi... handicap!!!'

And the next minute Ishu aunty collapsed on the sofa...

And I was fuming... How dare that bitch bark such a thing about Neiv!!! That too two nights before the wedding... what is she trying to cash upon Neiv's condition...such a gold digger...

But right now consoling Ishu aunty was all I needed to do...

Dev uncle was pretty happy that Kruthi showed her real colors but was pissed off and angry as hell because of what she addressed Neiv as...

I took Ishu aunty to her room and made her lie down... making her eat a little and leaving Dishani to her I went back home thinking of all the mess happening...

While in middle of the night I got a call from Ishu aunty that she wanted me to accompany her as tomorrow morning she decided to fulfill the ritual herself...

I was shocked and wanted to let Dev uncle know but she made me swear on her and I was helpless...

Next day early morning we went to the old ancestral temple of Lord Shiva and were prepping to perform the rituals but what we saw shocked us...

Chaahat was already performing the rituals climbing all 1000 steps on her knees... With the water in the silver vessel to offer Lord Shiva...

Her legs were bleeding but all that came out of her mouth was
..
'Om Namah Shivaay'

Ishu aunty and I were shocked and our mouth was wide open while she finally completed the ritual with bleeding knees and she offered the water to the Shiva Linga and asked the priest to pray to Lord Shiva to cure Neiv completely...

With that the last freckle of doubt shredded off and Ishu aunty began crying loudly hugging me...

'I messed up...I did'

'No aunty...no... please...it's still not... things are still in our hands... relax'

Chaahat's POV:

I completed the ritual and finally got my knees bandaged I went home to announce my decision to MyPie SonaPie...

They were all sitting on the dining table...

While they looked at me I said...

'Mypie SonaPie...I'm marrying Karan day after tomorrow...in the same alter as that of Neiv-Kruthi...'

And I saw everyone was flabbergasted...

'You can't do that Chah...you love Neiv then...'

'No SonaPie...love is different... practicality is different...I can't take responsibility of a limping man and Karan wants to marry asap...so Kruthi's parents took this call and I said a YES!'

Next second I got a slap from SonaPie

'Marriage has become a joke to you'
saying she left the hall...

I wish I could tell her that I'm blackmailed into this 🥺