Chapter Eight - Genevieve

Start from the beginning

"Wrist bone of Saint and holy reliquary. Museum quality from Diocese in Oaxaca." Sam read from the computer he was sat at. "Looks legit."
Elizabeth wasn't overly listening. She was too busy nursing a glass of Scotch, staring at the picture behind him - a photo of 'Jared' as a cowboy on horse-back.
"Alright." Dean said, sitting on the other side of the room at a small table, also with a Scotch. "Auction house is in Mexico City, we could be there day after tomorrow. We case it, yank it, be back by the end of the week."
"Or we could just buy it." Sam suggested.
"What?" Dean scoffed. "The thing's over a hundred thou-" He stopped talking when Sam held up a credit card. "Hello, Jared Padalecki."
"Do you think Jared knows how to ride a horse or is all that just for pretentious reasons?" Elizabeth wondered out loud, still frowning at the picture.

After finding the rest of the credit cards, Dean wasted no time playing online poker whilst Sam organised the payment for the wrist bone.
"This baby's maxed." Dean huffed, throwing a card across the room lazily as he picked up another.
"Wow. They said it should be at the airport first thing in the morning." Sam told them.
"Money, man." Dean chuckled. "There's nothing like it."
He finished his last transaction and made his way over to the other half of the room.
"Alright, couch." He sighed. "TV star, beauty rest." He slumped down over the back of the couch, earning an amused giggle from the Vampire.
"You know, this place probably has, like, twenty bedrooms." She pointed out.
"This is nearer." Dean replied, his eyes already closed.
"I'm gunna go check the rest of the place out." Sam got up from the desk chair, taking his beer with him.
Elizabeth chuckled to herself, her Vampiric hearing picking up a conversation between Sam and Gen, who had just got in. Hearing them go upstairs together was even more amusing, if not triggering a slight pang of jealousy. For who, she didn't know.

"So, I don't mean to pry, but why are we picking up packages at eight AM that haven't cleared customs yet?" Clif asked from the driver's seat the next morning.
"Just saving time." Dean replied as Sam got in the back seat, package in hand.
"We're not doing anything illegal, are we?" Clif frowned, twisting in his seat to face the boys.
"Would it make you feel better if we said no?" Sam asked.
"No, Clif. We're not." Elizabeth gave her sweetest smile, resting a reassuring hand on his.
"Wow, you're really cold. Do you want me to turn up the AC?" The driver showed genuine concern.
"Oh, no. It's fine. I'm a Vampire." Elizabeth replied, the smile still apparent.
Sam and Dean looked up at her in mild shock.
"Right, right." Clif laughed, Elizabeth soon joining in. "You're a funny little one, aren't you?"
"Yes. Yes I am." She chuckled, settling back into her seat as the man drove off.

Back at the studio, the trio started preparing for the spell, soon interrupted by the stage lights coming on as the day of filming began.
The director came onto the set, already ordering people about, but stopped when he saw Sam, Dean and Elizabeth already there.
"What is this?" He asked gleefully. "Here before the first run through before anyone else? Dedication."
"Uh, can I talk to you for a second?" Dean asked him as Sam and Elizabeth wandered off with the ingredients. "Um, we're gunna need the set cleared for... Safe side, an hour or so."
"You need it cleared..." The director rather stated than asked.
"Yeah, yeah. Me and Jared, we're gunna do some... Actor stuff." Dean replied.
"Jensen, we're thrilled to see you collaborating so creatively, and your enthusiasm is refreshing. You know, Dean Cain was like that on 'Lois', and that man's a real actor. And we will clear this set exactly when we shoot the two and three eighth pages we are scheduled to shoot on this set. So, you do your 'actor's stuff' and we'll do our 'camera stuff' and..." He trailed off. Dean got the picture, so wandered off in search of the other two.

"Ooh, priority. What's in it?" Fake Castiel, or - Misha, as they'd discovered his name to be, asked, staring down at the package in Elizabeth's lap.
She was sat in the actor's chair labelled 'Jensen Ackles', as Sam sat in Jared's, looking around for his brother. Misha sipped his coffee from behind them, going over his lines.
"I bought parts of a dead person." Sam replied as though it were nothing.
Misha looked up from his script at the man.
"Oh, cool." He uttered as Dean walked up to them.
"So, bad news... Looks like we're gunna have to do a little acting." He said.
"What?" Sam looked a little bewildered.
"Oh, this is gunna be a car crash." Elizabeth grinned excitedly.

As the take started, Misha took centre shot.
"Balthazar's no hero. But he knows Raphael will never take him back." He said, walking a few steps towards the camera before turning to look at the boys.
Dean walked up to him gingerly, taking a side step to the floor marker he'd missed before contorting his body and face up into some deranged looking version of himself.
"Cut!" The director shouted.
A new take began and Misha performed his line again. Dean did his contorted pose again as he walked towards him, hitting the floor marker this time. In the background, Sam lazily crossed his arms and began to aimlessly sway.
"What the..." Elizabeth scrunched up her face from a few feet behind the camera. "What the Hell are they doing?"
"Dean, grimly. And yet, somehow, you got no problem with it." Dean read, poorly trying to hide the script in his hand.
"Cut!" The director yelled.
Elizabeth walked over to them as Misha stopped for a hair adjustment.
"What the Hell are you two clowns doing?" She hissed. "This is a TV show, not a bloody Torture Garden." She looked to Dean. "You look like you've been pissing bladder stones for the past forty-eight hours and you, Sam... You just look stoned."
"I don't know how to act!" Sam protested.
"You don't need to, you're playing your damn selves!" Elizabeth whisper-yelled. "Just read over the lines and then say them how you would normally!"
With a nod from the brothers, she turned around and walked back over behind the camera, hoping desperately that her pep talk had worked - for her sake more than anything else.
As soon as the camera started to roll again and Misha said his line and Dean said his - somewhat okay - Sam had his.
"That's because... We have no other choice." He said, looking directly into the camera.
"Don't look at the camera." Dean told him.
"What?" Sam hissed.
"Look anywhere but the camera." The older brother mumbled.
Elizabeth pinched the bridge of her nose, sighing heavily.
Sam looked up at the ceiling, repeating his line.
"Cut!" The director screamed.

"That was... So much more than a car crash. That was like watching nine eleven from first person perspective over and over again." Elizabeth grumbled as they sat back in the actors chairs.
"Who wrote this?" Sam scoffed. "Nobody says 'penultimate'."
"Gun, mouth, now." Dean groaned.
"Moving on." Someone called from the set.
"Thank God." Dean sighed as Sam handed Elizabeth the package.
"Are they okay?" Misha asked Elizabeth as the boys walked off.
"Yeah, they're just working through some stuff. I've had them working on this all night, so they're probably just frazzled." The Vampire shrugged.
"Yeah." Misha sighed, giving her a friendly tap on the arm. "Good work getting them to talk again though!" He smiled, moving to his phone to tweet. "IMHO, J and J had a late one last night." He read aloud.
Elizabeth sniggered.
"You're nowhere near as annoying as your Angel counterpart."
"Thank... You?" Misha frowned, an unsure smile on his face.