Chapter Twenty Eight

"Wow..." Kai mumbled as they walked in the bar. It was very big to say the least. There was one side of it that had a few booths and then there was the bar section where some people were sitting. At the other side of the bar, there was a little stage where a band was softly playing music since it was still early to jam out. There was also a dance floor and the whole bar was lit with some kind of light.

"It's nice right?" Nicolas asked, smiling down at Kai as he looked around with amazed eyes.

"Yeah, it's really nice!" Kai exclaimed with a grin.

"Since it's only 9:00 we can grab something to eat or we could sit and wait for Rex and Julie." Nicolas suggested and Kai pondered over what to do.

"I think they're selling churros. I want some." Kai told him.

"Then let's go get some." Nic said, grabbing Kai's small hand and steering him towards where they sold food.

Kai got some churros while Nicolas simply ordered this watermelon smoothie. They quickly found an empty booth where they could sit and eat.

"This is so good!" Kai said with a big grin and when Nicolas looked down at him a laugh slipped through his lips at the sight of sugar smeared around Kai's lips.

"Baby, you're getting sugar everywhere." Nicolas chastised as he took some tissues and wiped away the sugar from Kai's face making the boy blush in embarrassment.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"It's okay, love." Nicolas told him with a soft smile.

When Kai finished eating he went to wash his hands as they got sticky and Nicolas decided to text Rex, with the phone that he gave him since his mother still had his, to ask him when they would come.

Rex: sorry we got...distracted. We're on our way

Nicolas raised his eyebrows at the message before shrugging his shoulders and walking towards the bathroom to get Kai.

Kai got out of the bathroom and smiled at Nicolas who was right in front of the door. They sat back in the booth and Kai rested his head against Nicolas's shoulder as they quietly chatted.

"We're here!" They both looked up as they heard Rex's voice and greeted their friends.

Kai noticed Julie looked rather flushed and her hair that she had carefully brushed looked a bit messy.

"So that's why you were late." Nicolas smirked looking at Rex's equally disheveled state.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Rex said with a grin as he pulled Julie down on his lap as they sat down across from them.

Soon, the music that was once calming turned very loud and upbeat. Julie grinned as she heard it and immediately pulled Rex over to the dance floor.

"Do you want to dance?" Kai asked, looking at Nicolas with wide puppy eyes.

"Come on." Nicolas chuckled looking at Kai's face.

They both got up and moved to the dance floor and Nicolas immediately dropped his hands to rest them on Kai's hips, his thumb rubbing at the bare skin there.

Kai wrapped his arms around Nicolas's neck as they moved to the music and smiled at each other. Nicolas pulled him closer until his body was completely pressed to his.

Their bodies moved against each other and Kai's whole being was buzzing at the close proximity.

Soon Nicolas's face was buried against Kai's shoulder as he pressed soft gentle kisses on the skin.