Chapter Twenty Seven

"What do you want to do today?" Nicolas asked as they both laid down in bed, their legs tangled together and their arms wrapped around each other in a tight grip.

"It's New Year's Eve, we should do something fun." Kai answered while tracing patterns on Nicolas's bare chest.

"There's this bar slash restaurant down the street and it has a very fun vibe. I think you'd like it." Nic said thoughtfully.

"Bar? We're only seventeen." Kai mumbled.

"They only ask for an ID if you're ordering something alcoholic to drink. Like I said it's also like a restaurant so people go there to eat and drink. We'll just eat. There's also some bands that play songs and there's a dance floor." Nicolas explained and Kai nodded.

"Let's go then." He smiled and Nicolas smiled back.

"Do you want to ask Rex and Julie to tag along?" He asked and Kai nodded.

"Okay I'm gonna go give Rex a call and go buy  something to eat." He said getting out of bed and then turned back around with a smirk. "Don't forget to put on some clothes."

Kai blushed and threw a pillow in his direction while he laughed.

He watched as Nicolas wore a shirt and since he was already wearing sweats he just grabbed his jacket and left the hotel room.

Kai got up and slipped on some comfy pyjama pants over his boxers and then tossed Nicolas's shirt over his head. He decided to clean the room for a bit as he waited for Nicolas to return and then he laid down back in bed and grabbed his phone to call his parents.

When his dad asked if Nicolas was going to come back with him Kai said yes. It was true that they were yet to confront Luciana but Kai didn't bother to worry about whether or not she was gonna let Nicolas go. He was going to take Nicolas with him no matter what.

He had an idea on how they could convince her to let Nicolas go back home but he would bring it up after. Right now he just wanted to enjoy being with his boyfriend in peace.

Just as he ended the call, Nicolas came back with some takeout. He dropped the food on the small coffee table in their room before taking off his jacket and then made his way to Kai.

"Hi baby." He smiled, kneeling down so he could kiss Kai softly.

"Hi." Kai whispered when Nicolas detached their lips.

"Come on let's eat. I bought some noodles." He said and Kai grinned and jumped over to the food.

They sat on the ground, near the bed and quietly ate. Both of them didn't like to eat and talk at the same time.

"When I called Rex, Julie said she wanted to come over and talk with you for a bit before we left. Do you mind? If you don't want to, it's fine." Nicolas told Kai after they were both done.

"It's okay. I don't mind." Kai said with a smile as he recalled how sweet Julie was. Both her and Rex did so much for them and Kai didn't mind making a new friend while he was here.

"Then I'll leave you guys here when she comes." Nicolas smiled ruffling his hair.

"Where will you go?" Kai pouted making Nicolas smile fondly at him.

"My mom is coming here to make sure I didn't run away, I'll attend to her then I'll hang with Rex." He said and Kai frowned.

"You'll see your mom? But.." He trailed off.

"It's okay baby, I'll be fine." Nicolas reassured wrapping him in a hug.

"Promise to call me after you see her?" Kai asked.