Chapter Nineteen

It's been almost two weeks that Nicolas and Kai have started dating and it has been complete bliss for the both of them. There were times where Nicolas would be worried, instances where Kai would pull away in public even more then usual.

Sometimes Nicolas would think that even before they started dating Kai would be more affectionate in public then he was now. He knew it was more then just his usual anxiety with people staring but no matter how much he asked Kai would brush it off.

But Kai made up for it in private. In the confines of their home he wouldn't hesitate to sit on Nicolas's lap, to hug him, to kiss him and to show him just how much he liked him.

Kai would feel guilty every time he refused to hold hands or hug Nicolas outside, when he would see Nicolas's disappointed or confused look. It hurt him to do this but he couldn't get over his thoughts.

But he knew he had to stop. Nicolas didn't deserve this. Nicolas deserved everything and Kai wanted to give it to him.

He decided that this time he would plan a date for them. And so he called Nicolas's maid and made sure the house was empty before contacting Arthur and convinced him to hang out with Nicolas for a few hours.

Of course Nicolas refused, saying it was a Saturday and he wanted to spend it with Kai but after a lot of convincing and promises to hang out later he gave in and left with Arthur.

Kai grabbed all of the things he would need and then got his dad to drive him to Nicolas's house. He had a spare key so he let himself in and dropped everything on the couch.

He first made the huge pillow fort where they would watch a movie and sleep tonight. After he was done and made sure it was perfect he grabbed his cooking supplies and moved to the kitchen where he started to make chilli spaghetti prawn.

After cooking he baked some brownies and while they were in the oven he set the table in a romantic setting. He placed candles and grabbed the flowers he bought to put them in a vase.

"Oh god...this is so cheesy." Kai groaned when he was done and started second guessing everything. "What if he laughs?"

But before he could even consider getting rid of everything he received a text message from Arthur.

He's on his way home. Good luck!

"Shit." Kai muttered.

He set the food on the table and took out the brownies to put them on a nice plate. He then looked down at his outfit before shrugging. He was wearing an oversized red sweater and black comfy pants. He looked like he was going to bed but he also thought his outfit was cute so it would work.

He closed all the lights and waited on the couch so he could scare Nicolas. After five minutes he heard Nicolas's car in the driveway and his heart rate sped up.

When the front door opened and Nicolas opened the lights he got up and screamed, "SURPRISE!"

Nicolas screamed so loud as he stared at Kai with wide eyes while clutching his chest and Kai laughed his ass off.

"Y-You screamed s-so loud!" He said in between laughs and Nicolas groaned as he got closer and pinned Kai to the couch.

"Stop laughing." He whispered from over him. Kai was sitting on the couch with his back pressed up against it and his hands pinned over his head with Nicolas's knee on either side of his.

"What are you doing here baby?" Nic asked leaning down to kiss him softly.

"I planned a surprise for you." Kai smiled after Nic pulled away, his eyes going over to the fort. Nicolas moved so he was sitting next to Kai and him too glanced at the fort with a soft smile playing on his lips.